Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher The Death Of You And Me Single

Options
  • 26-07-2011 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

So how do you rate Noel Gallagher's first solo offering? The Death Of You And Me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

expected better to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

decent tune but its nothing new same old noel. compared to what other so called musicians are producing these days its a ****ing masterpiece.

the video is shockingly awful

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Heard this song earlier, for a minute I thought it was the royal family intro... sounds very like the importance of being idle too... not a song that would stick out in you mind tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

Heard this song earlier, for a minute I thought it was the royal family intro... sounds very like the importance of being idle too... not a song that would stick out in you mind tbh

yeah completely agree,its very much the similar to that song indeed.

have expected rhys ifans to appear in the video!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Awful pile of toss, to be fair. And the video is quite genuinely one of the worst I've ever seen. Clearly he's just going to keep churning out the same old stuff under his own name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

brophs wrote: »
    Awful pile of toss, to be fair. And the video is quite genuinely one of the worst I've ever seen. Clearly he's just going to keep churning out the same old stuff under his own name.

How exactly is it "clear" seeing as you've only heard one song from the album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ANTWON

Gotta agree with Gustavo,when Noel Gallagher was wit Oasis(post 1997-98) he had a habit of releasing more weaker songs as 1st singles remember Go Let It Out off SOTSOG, The Hindu Times off Heathen Chemistry, Lyla off DBTT and The Shock Of The Lightning off DOYS, all some of d weaker songs on said albums. So is Noel gonna use the same formula?--Of course he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

ANTWON wrote: »
    Gotta agree with Gustavo,when Noel Gallagher was wit Oasis(post 1997-98) he had a habit of releasing more weaker songs as 1st singles remember Go Let It Out off SOTSOG, The Hindu Times off Heathen Chemistry, Lyla off DBTT and The Shock Of The Lightning off DOYS, all some of d weaker songs on said albums. So is Noel gonna use the same formula?--Of course he is.

Some of the weaker songs......

I don't think so.....

That is all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

ricero wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ricero wrote: »

Seriously, get a new fúcking hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

I think the songs pretty good actually.

Sometimes I think people just want them to fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ANTWON

lmao wrote: »
    Some of the weaker songs......

I don't think so.....

That is all. ;)

Wel Go Let It out was d 1st single but wasnt d best song on SOTSOG,The Hindu Times was d 1st single off Heathen Chemistry was brutal but when d hype around the album died down Songbird was bloody great,
    Lyla off DBTT was awful but once again there was no denying how good The Importance Of Being Idle was which released months after the album, and The Shock Of The Lightning d 1st single off DDOYS was crap and once again after the hype died down Falling Out was great. So wat Im tryin to say is Noel Gallagher offloading his weaker songs and saving the best ones for the album?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

ANTWON wrote: »
    Wel Go Let It out was d 1st single but wasnt d best song on SOTSOG,The Hindu Times was d 1st single off Heathen Chemistry was brutal but when d hype around the album died down Songbird was bloody great,
    Lyla off DBTT was awful but once again there was no denying how good The Importance Of Being Idle was which released months after the album, and The Shock Of The Lightning d 1st single off DOYS was crap and once again after the hype died down Falling Out was great. So wat Im tryin to say is Noel Gallagher offloading his weaker songs and saving the best ones for the album?
    What Noel and Oasis done was generally pick the rockiest most up-tempo Liam-sung song as the first single. Then a Noel-sung song and then a ballad. I disagree with your opinions on Lyla and TSOTL they are pretty good tunes if you listen to them properly and have seen them live.

The Death of You and Me for me is an excellent song, it's the type of song that Noel nails with his style and suits his voice perfectly. Having heard 5 and possibly more songs off his new album (demos and soundcheck recordings) I'd say it's the best I've heard and it's beat has been stuck in my head for days. This could be the best album of the year to be released..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Don't mean to go off topic OP but just as a matter of interest what do you think should have been released as the lead single for SOTSOG? I agree there were better songs on the album but I think Go let it out with its catchy riff and poppy feel was probably the right choice to go with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I really liked it and it has been stuck in my head for days. I've heard some of Beady Eye's songs and the only one I like is The Roller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Lets be honest if that was from some random singer he wouldnt of got a record deal. Its a pretty mediocre song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Lets be honest if that was from some random singer he wouldnt of got a record deal. Its a pretty mediocre song.

I disagree I could see this tune as a hit for Matt Cardle anyday if it wasn't NG's song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

It's a very forgettable song in my opinion. Should have lead the album with I Wanna Live A Dream (In My Record Machine) but I guess that would have less radio playability on the pop stations than TDOYAM. Much better song though (imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Yeah, it's a very good song. Can't wait to see it live. I wonder what sort of stage set up he will have for the tour. Will there be a string section and a choir or will he do it very simply. He's done both on his previous solo tours.

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    Seriously, get a new fúcking hero.

liam is a rock n roll god and i got some lovely clobber delivered by pretty green today :D. anyway more liam slating noel http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/58308

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Could have been plucked straight off of Definitely Maybe.

Same old Noel...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Yeah, it's a very good song. Can't wait to see it live. I wonder what sort of stage set up he will have for the tour. Will there be a string section and a choir or will he do it very simply. He's done both on his previous solo tours.

I'm hoping the tour will be just Noel by himself.

I could imagine him standing there in the Olympia with his guitar opening up "Stop Crying Your Heart Out".

I've seen solo musicians play on their own just with their instruments before and it can be a fantastic show like that.

Just something simple would be what Noel needs to get his solo career started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'm hoping the tour will be just Noel by himself.

I could imagine him standing there in the Olympia with his guitar opening up "Stop Crying Your Heart Out".

I've seen solo musicians play on their own just with their instruments before and it can be a fantastic show like that.

Just something simple would be what Noel needs to get his solo career started.
    He definitely won't be on his own and he definitely won't be playing SCYHO.
    I don't think he'll have the choir and strings for the theatre gigs he's planning. I reckon he'll have a full band and play an electro acoustic based set

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

When will the tickets go on sale for the Olympia Gig on October 23rd? I am getting tired of waiting - the single is now on the radio and it's the perfect time to release tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dotsey wrote: »
    He definitely won't be on his own and he definitely won't be playing SCYHO.
    I don't think he'll have the choir and strings for the theatre gigs he's planning. I reckon he'll have a full band and play an electro acoustic based set

Yea, i agree with all of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Would it be too much to expect his fantastic version of The Smiths' "There is a Light That Never Goes Out?" :)

Advertisement