Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An officer picture from Victorian era Dublin?

• 26-07-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Here is one of my next finds. Nice and old portrait of the officer (?).

Does any of you can advise me about his rank, unit, etc? Also what for would be that sash?
    Nothing written on the reverse, however, maker marked to "Chancellor" 55, Lower Sackville Street, Dublin.

Any info would be great!

Regards,

Timo

190437512032c2_o.jpg

1904374956d623_l.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭phaethon

Here is my today's find. Photo made by Lauder Bros. 45 Lower Sackville Street, Dublin.

I presume the man's rank on the picture was soldier? Is there any clues of the branch where he served?

1905815190ab7a_l.jpg

1905815368c2fa_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

I cannot answer on the ranks or uniforms but I must admit I love the quality of the portraits 100 years ago. They are well composed, the lighting is great and the subjects look so natural!

And so very dandy :P

Advertisement