Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending money OZ

Options
  • 26-07-2011 12:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

How much spending money would you think I would need to live for a month in Sydney.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

maxxie wrote: »
    How much spending money would you think I would need to live for a month in Sydney.

Your lifestyle would help
    Based on the above question I would say anywhere from $400 - $4000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

wow helpful!

Going there for a month so you wouldnt need too many guesses to get what kind of lifestyle I will be living.

Many drunken nights on a surf board, do the touristy stuff. Go to a few matches. Kill big spiders!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Why would you spend a month in Sydney? I was there for a long weekend and saw most of it!

Are you staying with friends? Yes..no hostel, No, 25-30 a night
    Food, 15 a day, roughly
    Booze, whatever getting drunk on a surf board cost you normally 100 a night? Also the cost of the board.
    Depends what touristy stuff, a lot can be done for free or you can walk the harbour bridge for 300 bucks, etc. Up to you. Not to cheap to do stuff, get a guide book and add it up.
    Footy about 30 for a cheap ticket. Finishes in october though

To kill big spiders you need a license. Thats $2500. and then the tools...varies on quality but an official big spider killer hammer is $300. I wouldnt skimp or you might end up like harry potter up that big mountain!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

For starters , harry potter is an ass monkey so il take my chances and not buy the spider killer hammer. Fight the power :) I have family and friends in sydney so accommodation is taken care of.

Where did you go in oz spunkmunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

It'll be expensive. Euros don't go far these days.

Just work it out for yourself. A pint is around $9, Pub Food $12-$20, Can of coke in the 7/11 is I dunno, I think $2.50 or something.

At least you're not paying for accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Sydney can be expensive
    10 dollars for a bottle of Heineken at the Opera bar and around The Rocks Aint much better so local stuff Tooheys etc is a better option.

the ferries are a great way to get around and see sydney on the cheap.
    A word of warning if you do the sight seeing bus make sure you bring a big hat as upstairs on the bus gets very hot.
    But if you have family over there they will tell you all this anyway.

One thing I would advise and its great value is buy a multi travel ticket for the week .
    It costs 59 dollars but covers all rail and ferry travel unlimited for that week and well worth it when we were there

Advertisement