Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing a week in November of first year?

• 26-07-2011 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello there :)

Well, it looks like I will be going to Belarus in November with the Belarussian Orphanage Project. Can't wait! biggrin.gif

However, I am (hopefully) starting first year of college this year and have been informed that I will miss important assessments around that time.

Is this true? Is there any way of catching up? And how do I approach informing the college about my week long absence?

Thanks for your help smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

your best bet is waiting till you start college and know your lecturers , and most will try and give you a schedule of what weeks they are trying to do assements , its just a case then of approaching them and explaining your situaiton i find most lecturers are grand as long as you have good attendance and hand up everything on time etc and dont cause hassle in the class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I had to take a month out last year (family thing on a far away continent), missed a few mid assessments but was able to re do them when I got back.

Just speak to your lecturers as soon as you go back, give them the dates and your course co-ordinator as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

It all depends on your course head. I was in hospital for a week and just happened to be assessment week. I was more or less told to f-off by the head of department. I couldn't resit the exams, and as a result i had to work really hard to pass everything. I failed maths due to this and only got to resit this exam (none others :mad:) because i went to the student union.

I am still trying to get all this sorted (defered results, see other thread :p)

Again it depends on the people you have to deal with. Everyone was great bar the person that mattered.

No names mentioned, no one gets sued! :D

Advertisement