Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird drunken bed habits.

Options
  • 26-07-2011 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, this might seem a bit strange and maybe even funny to some of you but I have developed really bad problems with sleeping after drinking. I am in my mid 20's and although I have cut down a lot on drinking (usually 1/2 nites out per week) I still like to have a good few when I am out. I don't get legless however and always remember stuff and am a pleasant happy drunk and never violent. Anyway I seem to have crazy bed habbits after a nites drinking and I often fall out of bed and wake up on the floor. This has ben happening since I was in college and has been the topic of a few entertaining strories.

I also scream a lot and make really weird breathing noises and moans. I tell my mates this and we all have a good laugh and I actually find the idea of me falling out of bed quite hilarious to imagine but it happens a lot and is kind of worrying me. I mean for one thing, I don't think a girlfriend would be too impressed, and I'd be pretty embarrased if this happened. Its one thing when it happens on m own and myself and my friends have a good laugh about it, but I fear this could make problems if I was in a relationship. Anyway I'm starting to think I might want to address this problem and I know the obvious soluion is to not get so drunk, but I am going to end up drunk every now and again as its hard not to when you go out. Just don't really know how to go about addressing it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

maybe you should address what you are drinking. Ive never really heard of such an issue as this before to be honest. But some drinks dont agree with people, as in some make people aggressive or feel ill, rather than others. So maybe address that first.

But in the longrun if it really is just general drinking that causes this, perhaps the only solution will be to cut down on the level you drink out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

its hard not to when you go out.

Sounds like you've got a drink problem....but then most of the country has the same attitude about drink so it's seen as acceptable. Cut back on the drink, if you can't try and set something up in bed..maybe put pillows around you or tuck yourself in or something

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

It's quite simple you drink and weird stuff happens then stay sober and it will cut out the cause , it's not that hard to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I'm not going to start preaching at you...

OP is it buckfast or vodka and red bull that you drink?

The caffeine content in those will play tricks on you when you're only lightly sleeping from the alcohol. What ever you are drinking is giving you night terrors if you are screaming etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Drink is fun, sex whilst drunk is also fun. Why stop altogether? When you start blowing air inside a girl and leaning on her to force a queef because it's hilarious, then you got weird drunk bed habits. As it stands you need to try drinking something different. Maybe you wake up screaming because you spent money getting drunk and didn't pull. I guess we'll never know. Either way, drink something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Elle Collins

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Sounds like you've got a drink problem....

Ah sorry Wompa but drink problem my arse, the bloke is only going out one or two nights a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

When you start blowing air inside a girl and leaning on her to force a queef because it's hilarious

Kids, don't try this at home (or outside the home). In some cases this can induce a fatal air embolism. Save it for the blow up dollies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

That explains the contents of my back yard.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Bipolar Joe - this is not the forum for jokes and witticisms.

Please keep replies on topic and helpful to the OP and reply to threads in a civil and well phrased manner.

Be aware that off-topic and unhelpful posting can earn you a ban from this forum.

If you haven't already done so, please take the time to read the [URL=" http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056181484"]forum rules[/URL] in the charter.

Many thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ah sorry Wompa but drink problem my arse, the bloke is only going out one or two nights a week!
    If you go out and get drunk once or twice a week and can't control how much you drink then yes you got a drinking problem.
    I have cut down a lot on drinking (usually 1/2 nites out per week) I still like to have a good few when I am out.
    I am going to end up drunk every now and again as its hard not to when you go out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭poozers

i'd say just stop drinking what your drinking, and switch to something else. i used to drink only spirits, and i was doin mad things altogether!!! sometimes absolutely hilarious, but there was a few times id do something scary, embarrassing or dangerous!! i stopped drinking spirits altogether, and that was about 7 years ago and only stick to light alcaholic drinks, like bottles of spanishy type beers (like Corona,or Sol, whatever the place has, and never pints of bud or heiniken), or Tiger beer! i'd drink a few west coast coolers on other nights out! im so happy i came to this realisation, i can go out, enjoy myself, be in high spirits and come home and wake up not too hungover the next day :)

Advertisement