Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, it's official: Atheism is the After Hours stance on religion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,183 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal, why would I want a thread asking atheists about an atheist topic written by an atheist into Christianity? Did you even read my OP? Or anything I've posted apart from what you've quoted?
    Don't jump me I'm trying to answer you.

Atheism then. The atheism forum. Or the Politics forum. Or the Humanities forum. It's inconsequential. The thread addresses Atheists and Church Bashers - Church Bashers don't have to be Atheist. They could be angry, disenfranchised Christians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Well, I've stated exactly on this thread what my issue is, and you seem to believe, despite what I've said, that I want my own view to override everyone else's re: religion. Basically trawling through my post, sorry, my thank history to spot posts and wave them in my face.

I didn't have to trawl through anything of yours. I just did a 5 second title search for 'atheists'. Looked for a thread about it but made in a negative fashion rather than neutral or positive, and low and behold not only did you not complain about the threads existence or beg for it to be moved, you in fact thanked the OP.
    What's your issue with me thanking....

My issue is with your inconsistency and disingenuousness.
    I am on about moderating standards. Yes, this time around it happened to be religion, but I'd say the same thing if it was, say, threads about voting No to Lisbon (the reason I've never returned to politics.ie, which moderator style After Hours was once a counterpoint to, but is now trying to emulate)

You registered in 2004, where are your feedback threads or posts re: music or politics or pets or ...well anything apart from religious criticism that are the mirrors of this one, or your posts along the same lines as your ones in religiously critical threads in those sevenish years? The ones that have nothing to do, despite all appearances, with religious criticisms being expressed and everything to do with moderation standards in general. Could you link to a couple of examples from your circa 1500 post count?

But whatever, I'll leave you to it. Good luck with your campaign, I'm sure this won't be the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Overheal, why would I want a thread asking atheists about an atheist topic written by an atheist into Christianity? Did you even read my OP? Or anything I've posted apart from what you've quoted?

I'll summarise for him

'AH isn't run quite the way I want it. I think religion gets a hard time there. This will all end in a court case somehow.'

If I've left anything out, please feel free to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

personally i can't believe seamus godwinned a thread....

strobe wrote: »
    You registered in 2004, where are your feedback threads or posts re: music or politics or pets or ...

If you're that interested, go look up posts on the first slasher budget after the sh*t hit the fan, around the time of the moratorium on economy threads (was it last year, or the year before? Can't remember.) I also think I had a similar tone to all those bank run threads that came before that. And I've a vague recollection of being derisive of some other merry-go-round topics, but instead of reporting them, I attempted to ridicule them (Because merry-go-rounds in AH are not fun, they're ridiculous wastes of time, energy & stress for the posters involved IMO).

You got a problem with something I post? Bring it to the mods. Let them yellow card me for being "inconsistent" or whatever you fancy yourself.

To be frank, I've no interest in going through my 1000+ posts to solve an argument with an angry merry-go-rounder whose isn't a mod, so whose opinion I disregard. The mods have been good enough to provide proper answers to my queries. While I've voiced my disapproval at their conclusions, I accept that their word is final on the matter and there is nothing I can do but sit back and wait for the "I told you so" moment that may or (I hope and expect) may not come.

You guys want to throw up conspiracy theories on how I'm sekretleh a vatticun spah, go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,183 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just to make it fair,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055859252

I fight in Religion's corner as much as anything else, if you want to look at it that way. But in all fairness to the current situation I think you're overreacting. There's getting offended at genuine abuses and then there's having a fit because Atheists are having a chat out from their assigned dwelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

To be frank, I've no interest in going through my 1000+ posts to solve an argument with an angry merry-go-rounder whose isn't a mod
    Who's angry? That's the second time you've thrown that out there at someone for merely disagreeing with you. What's the "not a mod" and "merry-go-rounder" stuff about too? Do you think you're doing yourself any favours with such a passive-aggressive approach?
    I accept that their word is final on the matter and there is nothing I can do but sit back and wait for the "I told you so" moment that may or (I hope and expect) may not come.
    Lol - charming. What type of "I told you so" moment do you think could come from people voicing their valid view on religion? Bottom line: you are religious and don't like people talking about how ridiculous they find religion (which is understandable of you, but people are entitled to express their opinion about a concept/organisation - if it were personal abuse of an individual it would be a different story) and you want a site policy to change this. It's an unreasonable demand, it's effectively censorship, and getting stroppy about it won't change a thing.
    You guys want to throw up conspiracy theories on how I'm sekretleh a vatticun spah, go ahead.
    Who the hell said or even implied that? :confused:

If you believe in god, that's your entitlement. Just don't expect others to pander to your whims in relation to it.

Dudess wrote: »
    Who's angry?

This dude is. Maybe not angry, but he's got some issue..
    strobe wrote: »
    My issue is with your inconsistency and disingenuousness.
    Dudess wrote: »
    Bottom line: you are religious and don't like people talking about how ridiculous they find religion

Where have I said that? or is that what you think I' saying between the lines, liek a Vattikun spah would do (to be clear, the "Vattikun spah" comment is to ridicule the notion I posted this thread because I'm religious and want religion protected. )

This next bit? it's exactly where I stand. I've already stated it on the thread, and I'll state it again.
    A lot of people want to throw this off as "ohh he's just a Catholic trying to enforce catholicness as de reel troot". I'm categorically stating here. No. I don't care what you think about the big stuff. I hope you don't care what I think about the big stuff, even in the back of your mind. I hope what I think about the big stuff has absolutely no bearing on what decisions you make as moderators.

I've asked a question, and I got my answer. I've registered my objection, that objection has been noted. I'm done really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

This dude is. Maybe not angry, but he's got some issue
    Really?
    Where have I said that? or is that what you think I' saying between the lines
    What is it that you're saying so? And the implied mockery people here are making of you is only being done by yourself it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Closing this thread as it really isnt feedback.

SeaSlacker: you reported the thread at 6:58 am on 26/07/2011

at 7:04 am on the same day you started a thread in feedback stating that "its official" that atheism is the official religion of after hours.

You gave the mods an entire 6 minutes before making up your mind. Or rather, an entire 6 minutes before deciding that this was proof of something you raised here before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056182995
    Is Atheism the official stance of boards.ie on religion?

on the 17th february 2011.

In that thread, the position of after hours and of boards.ie was explained to you over the course of 165 posts.

I'm going to close this thread now and for future reference:

1. give moderators more time before deciding that X is Y and stating it as a fact.
    2. next time you start a thread in feedback, make sure it is in fact feedback and not just some personal crusade you've decided to embark upon.
    3. If it bothers you so much, dont read the After Hours forum. It wont kill you to ignore it.

LoLth

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement