Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clasica Ciclista San Sebastian, July 30th

• 26-07-2011 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

Deignan, Brammier and Roche all down (provisionally) to take part in this - pity Dan Martin misses or we'd have the 'full-house'. Generally a good race. Nico Roche seems not to be on the lucrative criterium circuit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Nico Roche seems not to be on the lucrative criterium circuit?
    He's doing at least some of them, according to his column in the Independent yesterday:
    Now, I'll take Monday and Tuesday off, but that's it. On Wednesday, I'm due to ride a criterium in Oslo, followed by another one in Luxembourg on Thursday and the San Sebastian Classic in Spain at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Thanks for that Rovi. I hadn't read his last installment, but now that I do........:rolleyes:
    While we sat on the bus for two hours waiting for our turn in the start house, Jean-Christophe Peraud, Hubert Dupont and I were getting hungry so I decided to cook a bit of pasta for us.
    As we had to cook it on the camping stove, it took 20 minutes instead of five or six, and in the end Hubert decided he didn't want any. We didn't have olive oil or anything on the bus, so we just ate it plain.
    It kinda sums up a fairly shambolic tour.........

Perhaps he's not doing himself any long-term favours in being so 'honest' about his performance - though it very likely that he couldnt hide the fact anyway
    Sometimes you have a bad patch and a good patch, but today, all I had was one long bad patch. I'm at the stage now that I can't even go full gas because I just don't have the power any more. I was just empty and the whole thing was a struggle.

Advertisement