Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Permits Cork City

Options
  • 26-07-2011 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've searched old threads and can't find any recent ones, plus my question is a bit different...

Moved into a rented house in June, just now applying for a parking permit, but my problem is I'm living with a friend, her parents own the house, so getting registered with the PRTB (which is neccessary for a parking permit), is proving to be a hassle.

The guys over at City Hall were a bit vague as to whether this would affect me getting a permanent parking permit, have any of you had a similar experience?

A family member was also living in the house and renting it before, but as he was family I don't think he had to register with the PRTB...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

all I know is it's a complete pain in the arse to get parking permits. this is done on purpose to discourage people getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JCC

I know! Ah it's not too bad - filled in my form to change my address on register of electors, all my post is now going to my new house so have all that, waiting on my new log book with changed address.

I can get a 6 month temporary permit without the PRTB letter, but after that it won't be renewed. I was thinking of just ticking the residential box on the form instead of saying I rent, as thats what it is, it's a family house I just happen to be living in, with a friend who I give monetary thanks to once a month for letting me stay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hey JCC,

Parking permits are an absolute pain to get in Cork. They require so many forms and proofs of residence and are soooo slow to get them out to you. We got our permit 2 months before the renewal date was up and had to go through the entire process again last month :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can't say for absolute certain what affect not having a PRTB letter will have on you but I really, really doubt you'll get anything without it. It was one of the more difficult issues we had when we first applied as we had to wait to receive it and then the application was further delayed when they said they never received it (we did send a copy to them) so we had to send another copy to them.

I'm not sure what your options are because I imagine in 6 months when the temp permit runs out, you'll be left with nothing. I'm not familiar with the "residential" route, so can't help there. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Just tick the wholly residential box on the form instead of the rented property one. Go to the guards and get your register of electors form signed and send it off. Get your car log book changed to your new address(this can take the longest of all the processes). They fecked up the new address on mine so i had to get them to send another.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO:

When you have all your documentation don't post it in whatever you do. Bring it down to city hall and when you pay your E10 you will get a receipt with your car details on it that you can use till your permit proper comes through. (In my case nearly 4 weeks after I was issued the receipt)

good luck !

Edit: Sorry, just saw you had a lot of that done. Just make like you're not paying rent and all is dandy. i.e. tick the residential box.

Advertisement