Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get these door locks???

• 26-07-2011 11:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Where can I get these old types of internal door handles and locks.They are mounted on the external surface of the door,as the picture shows.

I need to source 3 of them,as some of the door handles/locks in this house dont move or work anymore.

Are these still made and available new???

Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

I think they are known as rim locks paddy, not today or yesterday they where the norm, though I know you can get them in b.q trade section in the north off the shelf, though am sure any merchants could order them..
    A good photo is worth any amount of word....would you not say p :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I think they are known as rim locks paddy, not today or yesterday they where the norm, though I know you can get them in b.q trade section in the north off the shelf, though am sure any merchants could order them..
    A good photo is worth any amount of word....would you not say p :D

Mate,you are a legend and a wealth of advice and knowladge.:D

These are old doors,long long before my time in fact (1930s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

paddy147 wrote: »
    Where can I get these old types of internal door handles and locks.They are mounted on the external surface of the door,as the picture shows.

I need to source 3 of them,as some of the door handles/locks in this house dont move or work anymore.

Are these still made and available new???

Thanks in advance.:)

I picked up a few of them in Chadwicks recently. About 18 quid each. They didn't have knobs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

paddy147 wrote: »
    These are old doors,long long before my time in fact (1930s)

If the locks are that old and they are the originals it might be an idea to have them repaired or reconditioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

ballymount kcc, perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If you are in town, Kingston's on Pembroke St tend to have stuff to fit old houses. Fine if you just want one or two, but it will be expensive if you want a good few. Try Chadwicks for sure. Again, you might have the best chance in the city centre branch, Thomas St. This sort of stuff is more commonly sought after in the city than in the 'burbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Have you tried Crothers in Walkinstown

http://www.crothers.ie/walkinstown-security-superstore.html

Dont know if they do them, but is worth trying them out

Advertisement