Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cateye Stada Wireless question

• 26-07-2011 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I have a Cateye Stada Wireless 28239.jpg

It has recently decided to stop picking up the wireless connection. I thought it might have been the battery so i changed both batteries (the main unit and the sensor. It basically wont link up.Any experience (or find a fix) for similar problems with this model? I'd appreicate the help - racing this weekend and I dont fancy shelling out for another speedo beforehand! cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Sounds like the magnet is too far from teh sensor. remove the magnet and "wiggle/shake" it in front of the sensor(as close as possible). If it works, then refit the magnet closer to the sensor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Did you recently install any new kit on the bike/you? eg HRM, GPS etc - they can interfer with each other

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Canyonaero

Blaaman - No new gear im afraid

Lapierre - Its not something that I have tried yet and I will try this later on when i get home but I fear it may be a little more complicated then this. You see the problem occurs when you are setting up the wireless link between the main unit and the transmitter on the rear stay.

I have the manual (downloaded online) and I've gone through it step by step but no joy yet..... it wasnt cheap either :confused: - anyone ever return one of these to cateye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have one of these. I have my sensor mounted on the forks. No problem.
    I think, that your problem is, that the sensor is too far away from the receiver.
    Why do you have the sensor mounted on the rear stay?. My Strada doesn't have a cadence feature, yours looks identical to mine. If I remember correctly from the instructions, it said to fit sensor approx. 60 cm from receiver. This is to stop interference from other appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Canyonaero

Eamonnator - I have the cadence version.its mounted there because it needs to pick up 2 magnets - one on the rear wheel spoke and one on the crank arm (for cadence)

It appears I am within the 2 year warrenty period so a return to wiggle may be on the cards! cheers for the help lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement