Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking in Drogheda...

• 26-07-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭

Howdy. Quick question for Drogheda people. Being a paranoid maniac and owner of a relatively new bike, I'm wondering if there's a good place to lock it up in Drogheda? Somewhere people would say it probably wouldn't be nicked. I've no idea if it's much of an issue in Drogheda, robbed wheels and saddles and so on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I imagine Drogheda is no better/worse than anywhere else.

A few pointers:
    • Use a Decent Lock. (Kryptonite or equivalent)
    • Remove anything that can be removed ( Lights, Saddles etc.)
    • Lock your bike to a "Solid Object" (Not a wooden fence or something that can be cut easily)
    • Lock both wheels and frame to a solid object.
    • Choose your location carefully ( Somewhere that will not provide a private area for a thief to work un-interrupted).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

where abouts in drogheda are you looking for,center?,i,ve never heard of any issues with bikes being stolen and this morning i walked by a pretty new trek twicw within half an hour (didnt get the model) with no lock left outside a shop with no lock on the quays.
    there are bike parks on west street but if your locking it up for the day to go into work why cant you bring it in with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Thanks Granda, it's only for a couple of hours. Never even thought of West street! Brain isn't working obviously. Until I got a bike I never paid attention to where people put them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

i often seen bikes locked to the railings just opposite the bikeshop on the quays;) theres bike parking on the boardwalk at scotch hall shopping center;).

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

I'm new to this problem myself. I see there's a bicycle parking facility in the Town Shopping Centre. Would it be a good idea to lock it in somewhere like this where it's essentially an underground car-park?

Where abouts on West Street is there to lock it up? Any specific bicycle stands?

• Advertisement

I'm new to this problem myself. I see there's a bicycle parking facility in the Town Shopping Centre. Would it be a good idea to lock it in somewhere like this where it's essentially an underground car-park?

Where abouts on West Street is there to lock it up? Any specific bicycle stands?
    is there a place you can lock your bike at the side of st peters church :cool:
    two wheels frame to something solid .

my post disappeared:D:D
    as i was saying i think theres a place at the side of st peters church or across the road from the post office
    remember you need to lock both wheels to something solid
    one of the lads in a club i'm in, had his £5000 touring bike stolen.he had it locked but not to something solid you have been warned:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

There are bike stands in West Street, Outside the Ulster Bank and Tesco.

Advertisement