Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franchise Decision

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Really feel for Halifax. They did everything asked of them and still didn't get a decision. Most Wakefield fans I spoke to expected this year to be their final SL season so they're over the moon at the moment.

The Welsh experiment has been a failure though. I can't help but think thqat this will mean there will be no SL franchise for Ireland in the near future. It will have to be done the proper way:-

Get a ground and make sure it meets the criteria.
    Build a team.
    Build an academy that can supply players for that team.
    Get 2k plus fans to turn up to each match.
    Be profitable.

I can also see franchising being scrapped and a move to one up one down as long as you meet the criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

One up, one down would definitely be fairer. The gradings seemed fair enough, harlequins got exactly what they deserved. As has been said, very disappointing for Halifax, they deserve a place in super league, probably more so than quins our wakefield.

Advertisement