Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

phone stem mount for bike

• 26-07-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get a decent but neat mount for my phone that I can put on my bike stem. I have a HTC Desire, but I am preferalby looking for a universal mount if and when I change phones.

Have looked on Ebay but any I can find all seem to be really big and bulky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I have a HTC desire in from of me just now. I think it's big and fragile. Do you really want to mount it on your road bike?

EDIT: Here is a previous thread on this topic
    And another one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Phone on a bike stem? Sounds like a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I have a HTC desire in from of me just now. I thing it's big and fragile. Do you really want to mount it on your road bike?

EDIT: Here is a previous thread on this topic
    And another one

yep cause I would like to use some of the phone cycling apps to see if they are any good

stevieob wrote: »
    yep cause I would like to use some of the phone cycling apps to see if they are any good

Just carry the phone in ur pocket??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I would buy a cheap cycling computer to put on the bike and keep your phone in your jersey if I were you.

I did see a phone mount for bikes in halfords a while back.

• Advertisement

stevieob wrote: »

Save u the trouble..... There not. Battery life on ur phone is not good enough for long spins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Save u the trouble..... There not. Battery life on ur phone is not good enough for long spins.

+1 on that! Mapmyride drained my iphone 3GS battery in just over an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

Not sure about the androids (i just posted comment on the apps for iphone or android thread) but my blackberry torch will last for about 7 hours with the backlight always on with my cycling app (comming soon to android).

the best thing ive found for a handle bar mount is to get one of those armband things you see runners with and just wrap that around the stem. sounds like it wouldnt work but it works grand for me. I've got an old cateye or something mount on the stem already, i think the flat surface of that helps to keep the armband thing steady. and the good thing about most of them armbands is that they're a little bit waterproof so they can handle a small shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Not sure about the androids (i just posted comment on the apps for iphone or android thread) but my blackberry torch will last for about 7 hours with the backlight always on with my cycling app (comming soon to android).

the best thing ive found for a handle bar mount is to get one of those armband things you see runners with and just wrap that around the stem. sounds like it wouldnt work but it works grand for me. I've got an old cateye or something mount on the stem already, i think the flat surface of that helps to keep the armband thing steady. and the good thing about most of them armbands is that they're a little bit waterproof so they can handle a small shower.

Nice one Marc. might just try that, let me know when you app is on android

Advertisement