Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Launching new Prepay offer

Options
  • 26-07-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Just got a text from three that they are launching a new prepay offer and piloting the offer beginning 5th of Aug..wonder how they could better thier current offer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

vicM wrote: »
    Just got a text from three that they are launching a new prepay offer and piloting the offer beginning 5th of Aug..wonder how they could better thier current offer!

Any other info?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Any other info?

www.three.ie/rev

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Do you think it's going to be Internet-based? What with the check boxes for social networks at the bottom?

Hope it isn't a sly way of deactivating my current deal for something useless :/

id be dissappointed if it was just free social networking..hope its evening calls or something, maybe a response to meteor's new offerings. it seems only the two are competing at the moment,of the 'big four'

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

yeah it defo seemed like that for the past while now, especially in the bill pay section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Do I smell unlimited (fair usage) pay as you go internet, or am I dreaming a bit too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Do I smell unlimited (fair usage) pay as you go internet, or am I dreaming a bit too much?

Yeah, I reckon it'll be an All You Can Eat data option for prepay to match their bill pay offering. The fair usage will probably be less on prepay though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Wish they'd hurry up and announce before the Meteor double credit €20 euro deal runs out in a couple of days ...
    Hey, wait a minute ...

In all fairness, that will kick arse (if this is the case) of the competition.
    I honestly do like Three. A lot.

While not directly relevant, I thought this was interesting ..
    Here's what 3 UK give PAYG customers

http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go?intid=topnav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

long_b wrote: »
    While not directly relevant, I thought this was interesting ..
    Here's what 3 UK give PAYG customers

http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go?intid=topnav

That's a great offer in fairness, hopefully it'll be similar to that!

That is fairly quality alright. Yeah, I think it'll be data for sure.

Any insiders know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That's UK, completely different market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

Yeah, I would have thought that companies could make things cheaper there. If you think about it, in Ireland, to get 97%+ coverage, you need to erect masts in places where you are serving a very low density population. Whilst it's true that this occurs in the UK, I'd imagine it's less frequent and, on average, each mast serves a larger number of people (I wonder figures for the number of masts for, for example, O2 are available for the UK in Ireland - you could divide the population by that number to check it out).

I'd be pretty sure that there are other economies of scale in the UK too - such as the number of people within each bricks-and-mortars store's catchment area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Yea, '3 likehome' is not offered by 3 UK.

So, for a better comparison have a look at Drei.at ?

'3 like home' is offered in Austria. So - you could get a Drei.at deal, bring it over here and it would work just like a three.ie deal

Look at the tariffs

http://www.drei.at/webshop/prepareSelectionTarifOverview.do

Olddog

sometimes the networks here seem to me to be running a cartel

eg imagine if say Vodafone really wanted to be competitive with pricing, with thier superior network coverage they could easily kick, three and Meteor out of town!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

It could it be free 3 to 3 calls during the week, free texts to any network and free calls and texts to any network from 6 on a Friday :rolleyes: ??? Or data too maybe

Now, I'm either not picking up on sarcasm, or that is the offer. I really hope that it is not.

I do really think it's data. Three are the mobile Internet network. That's their thing. If they don't match or beat whatever the other networks are putting on the plate it would be detrimental to their customers. I suspect unlimited mobile Internet with the current top up, or merely entirely free data. As said earlier, the "what social networks do you use" question is a bit of a giveaway.

Whatever happens, I won't be leaving. I'm happy. Free credit each month for topping up, good quality network service, cheap and it works. Sure, support is fairly dreadful if you are fussy about things, but if you know how to deal with it and get the job done, you're flying. Anything but to go back to Meteor or Vodafone, and I'm avoiding O2 like the plague.

Bring on the offer.

Cough. sneeze. I know 3 are putting alot of effort into becoming market leaders so all will be revealed soon

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Three really seem to have launched a major offensive on the market alright. €40/month smartphone with unlimited data and loads of calls, texts, 3 like home and free UK calls really lays down the gauntlet to others in the post-paid market.

Hopefully they will bring something equally good to pre-pay. Something along the lines of the UK plan with Unlimited data, texts and 300 mins for €20/€25 month. As I understand it though the tariff "costs" this amount - i.e. your credit balance would be zero after topping up. Most of the plans in the Irish market are "freebies", I think?

One thing 3 need to keep an eye on is network performance, I feel the network is not perhaps quite as quick as it was before the influx of customers. Hopefully the additional customers will allow Three to invest further in their network to keep ahead of the rest.

• Advertisement

Yeah, their deal is fairly killer.

I think they are improving their network though. I have noticed a good deal of coverage in areas that there usually wasn't 3G/HSDPA; well as far as I have found it, and as it would appear. Fingers crossed this will continue, as you state.

If the offer was a "buy in", rather than the "bonus" allowances, I still would be happy, as it is worth the credit. For most of our uses, calling and texting is domestic, and texts and data are the main items for Irish users.

I'm liking that networks are properly competing. It's a great thing for us folks!

I've not got completely techy knowledge of it, but does Ireland have the ability to deliver 4G LTE/HSPA+ or some form of INCREDIBLY high speed data. I know Verizon in the States are flogging their network for this, but will we have, or ever have, this on our mobiles. I would imagine that Three would knock out something like this on their network if we could. Maybe someone can clarify and teach me on it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

I've not got completely techy knowledge of it, but does Ireland have the ability to deliver 4G LTE/HSPA+ or some form of INCREDIBLY high speed data. I know Verizon in the States are flogging their network for this, but will we have, or ever have, this on our mobiles.

HSDPA+ is not a 4G technology, just US networks branding it as such. HSDPA+ is already supported by certain networks and devices, Orange UK is one. I think Three are rolling it out across their network, or will start shortly. Other networks are similar.

As for 4G (eg LTE and byond), I think there is an auction for spectrum shortly. This may be linked to the spectrum freed up by switching off Analogue TV, which is the case in the UK, not sure if that is the spectrum they are planning to use here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just signed up... you get 3000 texts anyway when you top up by 20 euro so pretty good deal all in all... I'm forever singing the praises of 3... nobody seems to believe me though... :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

January wrote: »
    Just signed up... you get 3000 texts anyway when you top up by 20 euro so pretty good deal all in all... I'm forever singing the praises of 3... nobody seems to believe me though... :\

Been with them on and off in the last few years and probably won't be going back. I had a problem when I ported last time that they were totally clueless about, I tired of forever being told to take the SIM out and put it back in or to reset the phone or various other similar type fixes that I could have thought up on my own anyway. They were totally unable to understand my problem and I had several agents ringing me going through the exact same steps as each other. When they ran out of ideas on their script, they were all totally stumped! Then they kept saying that I needed to buy a new 3 branded phone (despite me already having 2) which would have cost me at least €79. Pay €79 or port away?? Easy decision there!!

I don't get why you highlight the 3000 texts part of their offer, all networks offer that (with higher free usage thresholds), the best part of that offer is the free any network calls at weekends on top of those text messages!

January wrote: »

Hang on: you just signed up to their existing offer or what?

Can we silence this thread until someone actually has some information on the new plans ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

long_b wrote: »
    Can we silence this thread until someone actually has some information on the new plans ?
    pictures of the new PAYG plan is on twitter:

20e topup a month (plus 10e extra free each month for life) gives you:

All you can eat data.
    Unlimited texts to any network
    free unlimited Irish calls at the weekend
    free anytime calls to anyone on 3.

Launches very soon.

--

Best PAYG offer out there, 3 win hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Stevo2007 wrote: »

All you can eat data.

Launches very soon.

--

Do you have a link?

• Advertisement

Stevo2007 wrote: »

All you can eat data.

Launches very soon.

--

Tis a good deal isnt it. It definately beats Vodafone / O2's / Meteors data. I think its a great deal!

Advertisement