Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Launching new Prepay offer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Tis a good deal isnt it. It definately beats Vodafone / O2's / Meteors data. I think its a great deal!
    Theres no question, its the best PAYG deal.

They don't mention it, but if 3 like Home is included, its even better.

Only thing that should stop you, is it signal isn't good in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

From www.three.ie/rev

"Ireland's best value Prepay smartphone.
    With all you can eat data..
    Free any network texts..
    Free Three to Three calls"

Don't see any mention of 'free unlimited Irish calls at weekend' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Stevo2007 wrote: »
    Theres no question, its the best PAYG deal.

They don't mention it, but if 3 like Home is included, its even better.

Only thing that should stop you, is it signal isn't good in your area.

3 Like Home is there for the time being unless they decide to withdraw the service but I cant really see that happening. I hope it begins another major shake up like 02 did when they were the first network to do free texts

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

T&C’s “€20 top up or higher in one go required. All you can eat Data and free texts and calls apply for 30 days from top up. Three reserves the right to limit the service of customers whose usage exceeds 15GB in a 30 day period. Tethering or use of the handset as, or the sim in conjunction with, a modem is not allowed and may be disabled. Fair usage policy applies to free texts and calls. See three.ie” Information correct as of 4.08.11.
    †These fields are not mandatory

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Stevo2007 wrote: »
    pictures of the new PAYG plan is on twitter:

20e topup a month (plus 10e extra free each month for life) gives you:

All you can eat data.
    Unlimited texts to any network
    free unlimited Irish calls at the weekend
    free anytime calls to anyone on 3.

Launches very soon.

--

Best PAYG offer out there, 3 win hands down.

I'm assuming you get to keep your €20 topup as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

I'm assuming you get to keep your €20 topup as well.
    Yep. And each time you top up 20euro you get an extra 10e. so 30 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Thats the best deal ever.
    thats FCUKING great.

Hahaha to those that pay 40e just for unlimited data even the pay as you go one has a 15GB cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That is a great deal, if Three data was actually usable here I'd switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Thats the best deal ever.
    thats FCUKING great.

Hahaha to those that pay 40e just for unlimited data even the pay as you go one has a 15GB cap.
    I'm sure they won't be too bothered when they've got their iPhone for an extra €20 per month, they can tether and they'll have internet outside of 3G coverage :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

T&C’s “€20 top up or higher in one go required. All you can eat Data and free texts and calls apply for 30 days from top up. Three reserves the right to limit the service of customers whose usage exceeds 15GB in a 30 day period. Tethering or use of the handset as, or the sim in conjunction with, a modem is not allowed and may be disabled. Fair usage policy applies to free texts and calls. See three.ie” Information correct as of 4.08.11.
    †These fields are not mandatory

Can I ask where you found these T&Cs? I can't seem to find them on the website. The http://www.three.ie/rev link only redirects to the registration of interest page.

Going back to the offer, this is truly a killer deal. This will blow the other networks completely. 3 Like Home would be a very sweet little bonus if thrown on, and if the €10 free per month isn't scrapped then we're doing very well.

If this works out as said, a big thumbs up for Three. This is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

It's a cracker alright ... wonder how clever they'll be about detecting tethering/Hotspot/3G router usage ?

Pity I don't have a signal where I live, but it'd be handy as a second SIM when commuting

No porting required ?

long_b wrote: »
    It's a cracker alright ... wonder how clever they'll be about detecting tethering/Hotspot/3G router usage ?

Only detectable on iPhones or phones with Three firmware AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

3 Like Home was one of the main reasons why I joined 3 so they better not scrap it.

Whoop whoop! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Why do they sell joikuspot then?

gzoladz wrote: »
    Why do they sell joikuspot then?

What?

What?
    It is an app to do tethering.

It is an app to do tethering.

Sorry, but what has that got to do with detecting tethered phone use?
    With a debranded Android you can tether and they can't tell, it's just data use, but if you use an app that they sell, they probably can detect it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 have always allowed tethering at no charge

Walkman wrote: »

Yes, but in their T&C it says itmis not allowed...

• Advertisement

Sorry, but what has that got to do with detecting tethered phone use?
    With a debranded Android you can tether and they can't tell, it's just data use, but if you use an app that they sell, they probably can detect it...
    They could tell if they really wanted to via deep packet inspection. Whether they'll bother though is the question.
    Walkman wrote:
    That could be about to come to an end, at least for pay as you go, if the above T&Cs are anything to go by. It could eventually be rolled out across the board - unlimited data for mobile internet only. All we can do is enjoy it while it lasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

So no need to spend part of the 20? Hope throughput doesn't end up too low..

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Looks fantastic deal in fairness....i see they are selling the Samsung Europa on their site for €39 on prepay as well!

Kensington wrote: »
    They could tell if they really wanted to via deep packet inspection. Whether they'll bother though is the question.

That could be about to come to an end, at least for pay as you go, if the above T&Cs are anything to go by. It could eventually be rolled out across the board - unlimited data for mobile internet only. All we can do is enjoy it while it lasts!

To add to this, about 1 month ago I got joikuspot premium for free as it was one of their free apps. Normally this would be about a tener.

I wonder if that had something to do with the new deal.

Where were they selling that application?

Ah, I'd say the "no tethering" disclaimer is just to stop people abusing the system: fair use and all that. Again, we've not seen a written link to this clause online yet, only the text posted by a user on Boards.

Stevo2007, do you have a link to where the new plan was posted on an image on twitter? I can't seem to find that either.

Where were they selling that application?

On the Ovi Store. I have just cheked and it is still free!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

On the Ovi Store. I have just cheked and it is still free!

Isn't that the free one..you can't secure the network and what not..the premium one was a tenner..
    So do we have confirmation of the deal or what..doesn't seem to be a conclusive "aye"as per this thread yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

vicM wrote: »
    Isn't that the free one..you can't secure the network and what not..the premium one was a tenner..
    So do we have confirmation of the deal or what..doesn't seem to be a conclusive "aye"as per this thread yet..

The premium one was offered for free to certain handsets from the middle of last month, its nothing to do with this new three offer so can we keep that to another thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.
    Check performance too!
    No good if you've full signal if there are a few hundred others trying to take advantage of the signal too and the mast is maxed out.

Advertisement