Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Launching new Prepay offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Am i reading this right all you can eat data is on 3pay now??:eek::eek:
    Me needs a 3 sim card ii think :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Or has anyone even got a call from Three yet, as per registration interest. It's live from the 5th, so they should be calling now.
    I doubt they got more than 1000 entries from the website, as it was only posted on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Is the only difference from what the originally has is the addition of unlimited data?

Today I topup by €20, which gives me €22, and €10 the following month.
    This gives me unlimited (3000) texts, unlimited weekend (3000 mins) calls. And the usual, unlimited skype calls, 3 to 3 calls.

But I have to buy the addon of 500MB for €5, which to be honest I never burn through on the phone, even though im a heavy user, with gtalk, google services sync (gmail, contacts, calendar, google+), facebook sync constantly on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is the only difference from what the originally has is the addition of unlimited data?

This gives me unlimited (3000) texts, unlimited weekend (3000 mins) calls. And the usual, unlimited skype calls, 3 to 3 calls.

But I have to buy the addon of 500MB for €5, which to be honest I never burn through on the phone, even though im a heavy user, with gtalk, google services sync (gmail, contacts, calendar, google+), facebook sync constantly on.

Apparently free 3 to 3 calls too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

Yes, the main difference is unlimited data which is included in the 20e topup. No 5e ad-on anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

The difference is free data and free 3 to 3 calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Just got a text:

From 3: You're one of the lucky few to trial our new Prepay offer for Free on Friday. We'll send you more details this Friday. To stop msgs www.three.ie/mp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

Just got a text:

From 3: You're one of the lucky few to trial our new Prepay offer for Free on Friday. We'll send you more details this Friday. To stop msgs www.three.ie/mp

D: Dang I hope I get the message soon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 CaseyKins

Just got a text:

Me too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

But will this be for life? Three have a habit of doing things for a limited period...

Booya! Got the message :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Got the message!

Just got a new X8 from Three so i really, really hope the new pre pay offer has unlimited data!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

Got the text too. Does anyone know what exactly we are going to get out of this.. for 'trialing' the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

God damn. Only saw this now!

This is a game changer for definite. If i can get this offer i'll changein a heart beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

I got the text too :D From the sounds of the text though, I'd say we'll only be trialling it for free on Friday....was kind of hoping it would be a free month's trial or at least a week :rolleyes:
    Better than nothing though I guess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Nah, it wouldn't make sense by trying it for a day. I expect that we'll get a month free at least. It doesn't make sense to allow people trial free data and texts and 3 (internal) calls for only one day. Definitely one month.

Just got the text there too. And here was me worrying that I didn't get a call. Three always called me before.

I'm excited. Roll on Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Got the text too :) woo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

This may not be so great for me. I presume that because of this unlimited data offering that there will be no option to buy a data addon as there is at present?

When I top up with €20 I get a couple of quid free and then €10 free the next month as well as 3000 free texts and free 3 to 3 calls and then I buy a 500mb add on for 4.99 for 30 days. And because I make very few phonecalls I always have enough credit left to buy a second data add on the next month so it really only costs me €20 every couple of months.

Now to get data I presume I'll have to top up by €20 every month. Good that it's unlimited but I don't use the entire 500mb at the moment so that is not a particularly big deal for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

No, no. If that is the deal, I do not see them removing the €5 add on completely. Alternatively, you can still buy a "broadband" add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

gzoladz wrote: »
    No, no. If that is the deal, I do not see them removing the €5 add on completely. Alternatively, you can still buy a "broadband" add on.

Yeah but it's hard to know. If a lot of people make the €20 topup last them two months, I wouldn't be surprized to see the add on at least go up in price by a couple of euros eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This offer sounds almost to good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

This is a great offer, which will hopefully shake up O2, Vodafone and Meteor. Pity 3's coverage isn't as good as Vodafone's or O2's, but it now gives people very little reason not to switch to 3 for those on competing Free Texts offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Got the text..hope they dont pull the current deal as it is

Roll on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Dman001 wrote: »
    This is a great offer, which will hopefully shake up O2, Vodafone and Meteor. Pity 3's coverage isn't as good as Vodafone's or O2's, but it now gives people very little reason not to switch to 3 for those on competing Free Texts offers.

Doubt it will O2 and vodafone. Meteor already brought out some new prepay packages and i doubt they will revamp them soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Got the text too :) but does anyone have a link for where it says the new offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

got the text too, never went over the 500mb but that was only checking emails and facebook, at least now i can use tunein radio or youtube without having to worry about going over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

What exactly is the point to this "free trial" ?
    From 3's point of view they'll be rolling it out to everyone quite soon I imagine anyway ?
    They're already doing "all you can eat" data on billpay, so it's not like they don't know how much data people will use.
    For us is it just that we get a month's free access ?
    Or just the ability to avail of the tariff once we top up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement