Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Launching new Prepay offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

Unlimited internet subject to fair usage limit of 500 MB per 30 day period and subject to €4.99 internet add-on being purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Odd choice of marketing, if they're trying to build an image of a serious network operator and attract the lucrative adult market, Jedward isn't really the way I'd be going about it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

This was sounding good until I looked at the Terms and Conditions...

"Unlimited internet subject to fair usage limit of 500 MB per 30 day period and subject to €4.99 internet add-on being purchased"

500mb per month is not exactly unlimited, in my book that qualifies this as pathetic if not downright misleading advertising, and the fact that you have to buy an add-on in the first place simply compounds that.

I'm not saying that it's a bad deal and I use 3 myself, but I really do think this is just not on. I won't waste my time saying any more as I've previously complained to the likes of Comreg about this and they sat on their arse and did nothing like the useless quango they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I spotted 15GB fair usage on the www.three.ie/rev page before it got pulled the other day. They also had a picture of the twins.

Voicemail is Free too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Kensington wrote: »
    Odd choice of marketing, if they're trying to build an image of a serious network operator and attract the lucrative adult market, Jedward isn't really the way I'd be going about it tbh.

Yeah, odd choice alright - Jedward is/are unpredictable, incredibly irritating and for many have nothing of substance to offer beyond their excellent marketing campaigns.

...oh, hang on..

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

So this is open to everyone from tomorrow? So whats the deal for the first 1000 customers to sign up online?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That is the old offer that must have forgot to change the t&c's

Stop posting, you're confusing me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

First we had those yellow ducks I hate so much, then we had naked gym guy and now Jedward, ffs what the hell is wrong with people who work in marketing.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

First we had those yellow ducks I hate so much, then we had naked gym guy and now Jedward, ffs what the hell is wrong with people who work in marketing.....

Agreed, its such a good offer there was no need for that pair of jerks to have anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wow, thats an excellent deal. I may actually switch to 3 for this, and I am also in need of a new phone, so may get one with them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

So guess the "lucky"ones will get it for free for the month?
    Whats the point really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

From the t&c
    This offer is only available to prepay customers topping up by a minimum of €20 in one go between 5 August 2011 and 31 January 2012.
    Does this mean this plan ends in January, or that you can only sign up until January??

also notice they have done away with the 10 euro bonus, its now 10e if you port your number..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

I'm just afraid the 3G network will become too slow if everyone joins! The mobile broadband from three becomes very slow between 5-7 weekdays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Does this mean '3 Like Home' is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

I have to say as an existing three customer i am not at all happy with this deal, yet again loyal customers lose out by €10 IF you accept this deal, i don`t use data, i rarely text, so making calls is my choice of contacting my pals and family, i think its time three went down the road of other networks, like Meteor who offer a multitude of choices and packages to their customer base, for example - i have a son on meteor €5 txt deal, my daughter on meteor €10 talk deal, and my wife on metror €30 anytime talk deal,if we all decided to go with three the costs would be rediculous, i think maybe its time i copped on myself and joined Meteor myself.

apophis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Agreed, its such a good offer there was no need for that pair of jerks to have anything to do with it.

Ah yes, but marketing-wise it's very good. It'll grab attention and snap up a lot of the Meteor market, methinks. I guarantee that the young'wans will chat about this due to the brothers Grimes on it.

Perfect prepay offer, and a "fun" image will do well for grabbing other networks customers. Well, young ones, I'd say.

wes wrote: »
    Wow, thats an excellent deal. I may actually switch to 3 for this, and I am also in need of a new phone, so may get one with them as well.

Doing this for the missus. Getting her a Samsung Europa for €39 with this offer. Very nice indeed.

vicM wrote: »
    So guess the "lucky"ones will get it for free for the month?
    Whats the point really?

Who cares. I won't turn down something free back.

However, pity about the free €10 per month. I do suspect it'll only happen for those registering as new. Existing users should still get it. Three have stuck by their existing offers in the past, no?

(Just FYI: I asked the question regarding the free credit for existing users in the Three forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056347013)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just to note, Three have confirmed on their Boards forum that the Unlimited Data is up to 15GB. All this talk about 500MB limit, I thought it was too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

vicM wrote: »
    also notice they have done away with the 10 euro bonus, its now 10e if you port your number..

Just been confirmed on the Talk to... 3 forum that your 10 euro for life free credit is not being withdrawn.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056347013

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SamuelBam

What about tethering? I'm on Meteor and can tether my iPhone to my laptop no problem. Does 3 restrict that and make you pay extra? Do they allow you to change the settings on your iPhone too?

SamuelBam wrote: »
    What about tethering? I'm on Meteor and can tether my iPhone to my laptop no problem. Does 3 restrict that and make you pay extra? Do they allow you to change the settings on your iPhone too?

Tethering not allowed.
    The data service is available for use with your Three SIM Card in your Three handset only. Tethering or use of the Three handset as, or the sim in conjunction with, a modem is not allowed and may be disabled.

This is absolutely fantastic.

Unlimited data, unlimited texts, unlimited 3 calls, unlimited weekend calls, unlimited Skype, and €10 free credit per month. I think I'm in love.

Bye Bye 3G Watchdog- I shall need you no more! :)

sugarman wrote: »
    Been skimming over the pages, but have'nt seen it..

Is this offer available for current customers, yes?

& do you have to sign up, or is it just applied automatically from the 5th once I top up?

Cheers.

It's automatic.

Existing customers are instantly ported to the new offer, but it won't kick in until after you top-up, similar to how it usually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

Good offer, looking forward to dialling it. Terrible, outdated marketing strategy though!

SamuelBam wrote: »

T&C - Tethering not allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Unlimited data, unlimited texts, unlimited 3 calls, unlimited weekend calls, unlimited Skype, and €10 free credit per month. I think I'm in love.

I'm already a 3 payg customer but I dont think I use it to it's full potential! I top up by 20 every month and get the free 10 euro credit and I am a big texter so use nearly all my 3000 texts a month.
    But u never realised I had free 3 to 3 calls!

Also can someone tell me how to use the free skype calls? I downloaded the skype app from iPhone app store... Do the free calls kick in immediately or how do I get them??

I only topped up the other day, but if I top up a month from now at the start of September will I automatically get this all you can eat data?? Or do I have to opt in or something?

Great deal as I used to have to buy the 500mb bundle!

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

I'm already a 3 payg customer but I dont think I use it to it's full potential! I top up by 20 every month and get the free 10 euro credit and I am a big texter so use nearly all my 3000 texts a month.
    But u never realised I had free 3 to 3 calls!

Also can someone tell me how to use the free skype calls? I downloaded the skype app from iPhone app store... Do the free calls kick in immediately or how do I get them??

I only topped up the other day, but if I top up a month from now at the start of September will I automatically get this all you can eat data?? Or do I have to opt in or something?

Great deal as I used to have to buy the 500mb bundle!

:-)

The free Skype calls only apply using the Skype on 3 application, not the standard Skype app from the app store. You can download it from Planet 3 under Email and IM.

Advertisement