Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Launching new Prepay offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

I'm already a 3 payg customer but I dont think I use it to it's full potential! I top up by 20 every month and get the free 10 euro credit and I am a big texter so use nearly all my 3000 texts a month.
    But u never realised I had free 3 to 3 calls!

Also can someone tell me how to use the free skype calls? I downloaded the skype app from iPhone app store... Do the free calls kick in immediately or how do I get them??

I only topped up the other day, but if I top up a month from now at the start of September will I automatically get this all you can eat data?? Or do I have to opt in or something?

Great deal as I used to have to buy the 500mb bundle!

:-)

I think you need to use the skype from 3 and its free skype calls to other skype contacts. Could be wrong though so treat this cautiously

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Q&A

Also can someone tell me how to use the free skype calls? I downloaded the skype app from iPhone app store... Do the free calls kick in immediately or how do I get them??

:-)

I resume you're talking about the free use of Skype when you're topped up under the old 3pay scheme - not sure it really applies any more with unlimited data. For other OS you need to download the special "skype on 3" through the three website. Not sure how it works for Iphone.

ah kriss beat me to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Zardoz

All chargeable calls to Irish landlines and mobiles are subject to a call set up fee of 9c.
    Bit sneaky that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

"This offer is only available to prepay customers topping up by a minimum of €20 in one go between 5 August 2011 and 31 January 2012"

Hmm. Does that mean you have to sign up by the 31st jan to avail of the offer or that the whole plan ends on that date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

baldshin wrote: »
    From the t&c
    Does this mean this plan ends in January, or that you can only sign up until January??

Its a trial period. If its successful they'll extend the offer indefinitely I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

With 15GB of Data, it almost makes the free Skype redundant. :D You may aswell just use the Skype iPhone App.

Just on Tethering, can Three actually detect if you are Tethering a mobile to a computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

fergpie wrote: »
    "This offer is only available to prepay customers topping up by a minimum of €20 in one go between 5 August 2011 and 31 January 2012"

Hmm. Does that mean you have to sign up by the 31st jan to avail of the offer or that the whole plan ends on that date?

Id say it'll go on indefinitely. I think theres some sort of legal requirement to put an expiry date on the offer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

wrote:
    It's been said that they are probably able to on the stock ROM/software, but not on a custom one, such as Cyanogenmod or others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kris44 wrote: »
    Id say it'll go on indefinitely. I think theres some sort of legal requirement to put an expiry date on the offer..

Yep the last couple of offers have always had expiry dates that have just been updated in the T&C's when it reached the date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dman001 wrote: »
    With 15GB of Data, it almost makes the free Skype redundant. :D You may aswell just use the Skype iPhone App.

Just on Tethering, can Three actually detect if you are Tethering a mobile to a computer?

Your better off using the official 3 Skype app as it transfers the call to the mobile network so you shouldn't drop a call when moving from a 3G area to a 2G area. If you don't use the official one you'll drop the call as you'll loose the data connection.

As for the tethering not sure, i'd say it'll be more high usage they'll be on the look out for...but if they were smart about it, they'll probably launch a tethering add on for an 10 or 15 euro as a pay as you go add on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm not sure detecting whether it's tethered or not will be tricky. Sure I have torrents running on my HTC Desire a lot of the time when I'm at home and I view a lot of pages in their 'non-mobile' format. If i'm doing essentially the same things on my phone as i would on my laptop how can they tell if it's tethered or not? I'm sure someone with a better technical understanding would know better though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think ISP's can detect the device/Browser you use when Browsing. I know you'd often see Net Traffic stats where they compare say Android traffic with iOS traffic. Whether ISPs can detect this though is a different question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Thats the best deal ever.
    thats FCUKING great.

Hahaha to those that pay 40e just for unlimited data even the pay as you go one has a 15GB cap.

There's no real 'Hahaha' about it. For example, to purchase a high end handset ie Iphone, HTC Sensation on PAYG you'd initially be splashing out 4-500 quid. Add your 20 euro top ups to that and it works out a few hundred extra per year than if you went with the bill option which you have a huge choice of handsets for free(depending on your plan).

But it is a good deal should you require a low to mid scale handset which I'm sure you'll get by in using:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

du Maurier wrote: »
    There's no real 'Hahaha' about it. For example, to purchase a high end handset ie Iphone, HTC Sensation on PAYG you'd initially be splashing out 4-500 quid. Add your 20 euro top ups to that and it works out a few hundred extra per year than if you went with the bill option which you have a huge choice of handsets for free(depending on your plan).

But it is a good deal should you require a low to mid scale handset which I'm sure you'll get by in using:pac:
    Add in tethering, 3 like home, all our units - bill pay is worth it;)

du Maurier wrote: »

Dont think there is much difference..eg bought my S2 from vodafone for 480..topping up for 24months will bring it to about 960 which is on par with a free fone+24 month 40e contract..1 year down the line i might be obliged to change my handset or go with another provider seeing as the competition is heating up

all the same good packages from three, BILLPAY or otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

was anyone one of the lucky 1000 like me :D

Got everything for the month and €20 credit for free :D

Yay :)

i got a text two days ago saying I was one of the lucky ones but haven't had any other contact yet or noticed anything different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

griffdaddy wrote: »
    i got a text two days ago saying I was one of the lucky ones but haven't had any other contact yet or noticed anything different?

Check your account online, free credit and your texts and all you can eat data should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

January wrote: »
    Check your account online, free credit and your texts and all you can eat data should be there.

Yep, mine is there. It's queued as I have 17 days left of my current allowance. Hopefully Meteor take AGES to send me the contract phone I ordered (if they ask for a deposit, I'm just going to refuse and stick with Three).

Then, by the time my 47 days allowance and free credit is up, reevaluate the best bill-pay plans.... :D

boo yeah it's there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

The free €10 offer remains no the new plan also: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056347013

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Got the credit and data allowance - nice one OP !!

PS Let's see a little "Thanks" love for the OP, no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

http://apps.three.ie/applications/modules/forms/advocates/success.php

If you're one of the lucky ones, you'll get this text.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just got this text:
    From3: We've topped you up by €20 to give you All You Can Eat Data and more from today!

Free €20 credit, unlimited data, free texts, free weekend calls, free 3 to 3 calls. Got damn, happy days :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Stevo2007 wrote: »
    Add in tethering, 3 like home, all our units - bill pay is worth it;)

Plus the add-ons.....hard to beat the free landline calls.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

has anyone tried tethering with this new plan seems impossible to find a answer here on boards ..!its not supposed to work butctethering was always on the 3 network major step backward if they have it disabled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Could you use this data for Tethering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

jay93 wrote: »
    has anyone tried tethering with this new plan seems impossible to find a answer here on boards ..!its not supposed to work butctethering was always on the 3 network major step backward if they have it disabled!

It's disabled for prepay only, bill pay customers can (id imagine its cause the prepay offer is now so good they need to have some advantages to being on bill pay)

Advertisement