Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Launching new Prepay offer

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Walkman wrote: »
    It's disabled for prepay only, bill pay customers can (id imagine its cause the prepay offer is now so good they need to have some advantages to being on bill pay)

I'll have a go on my unlocked HTC Legend now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

jwcurtin wrote: »
    I'll have a go on my unlocked HTC Legend now :)

Tethering works without any problem on my HTC Legend, although it wasn't bought from Three, and is running CyanogenMod7 :)

1418841509.png

^BTW have very poor coverage in my Area: No bars showing on my phone at the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Tethering works without any problem on my HTC Legend, although it wasn't bought from Three, and is running CyanogenMod7 :)

1418841509.png

^BTW have very poor coverage in my Area: No bars showing on my phone at the time :)

Not too bad a speed for no coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Very patchy coverage Dublin -Kildare train line.
    Let's hope it's an exception

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Could you use this data for Tethering?

What phone? Did you buy it from Three?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

marathonic wrote: »
    Yep, mine is there. It's queued as I have 17 days left of my current allowance. Hopefully Meteor take AGES to send me the contract phone I ordered (if they ask for a deposit, I'm just going to refuse and stick with Three).

Then, by the time my 47 days allowance and free credit is up, reevaluate the best bill-pay plans.... :D

But the 17 days left on your current allowance will overlap with the first 17 days of your free allowance.....check the expiry dates - the free allowance expires the 4th of Sept.
    I was only a week into my current allowance which expires 27th Aug, so I'll only be availing of the free allowance for 8 days before it expires :( But on the plus side, I'll still have the free €20 they gave me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

But the 17 days left on your current allowance will overlap with the first 17 days of your free allowance.....check the expiry dates - the free allowance expires the 4th of Sept.
    I was only a week into my current allowance which expires 27th Aug, so I'll only be availing of the free allowance for 8 days before it expires :( But on the plus side, I'll still have the free €20 they gave me :D

All my extra texts and stuff are queued to come in after my other ones expire or run out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Walkman wrote: »
    It's disabled for prepay only, bill pay customers can (id imagine its cause the prepay offer is now so good they need to have some advantages to being on bill pay)

Thanks for your reply Walkman i have topped up both my Tesco Mobile and 3 phones yesterday i am currently tethering my phone with all you can eat data on 3pay seems like it does work so !!:D

speedtest with AYCE :

1420400793.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

iDann wrote: »
    was anyone one of the lucky 1000 like me :D

Got everything for the month and €20 credit for free :D

Yay :)

Yep popped in my old three pay sim into an unused phone and singed up, got the text and a nice 20 Euro credit to boot! SO lucky I picked a 30 day roiling contract as I may just be ending it if this 3pay deal works out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep popped in my old three pay sim into an unused phone and singed up, got the text and a nice 20 Euro credit to boot! SO lucky I picked a 30 day roiling contract as I may just be ending it if this 3pay deal works out! :D

Sounds good - so it's €5 free credit to port your number over and then €10 free each month (given at the end of the month) if you sign up and top up by €20.

That sound right ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

If I were to swap from O2 to three while keeping the phone what do I need to do? I currently have a Galaxy Spica flashed with Samdroid but I presume I need to get some form of network unlock code from O2 which will allow me to use a 3 sim card. Do O2 have to give me the code if I ask or can they withhold it?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

same question really ive a samsung europa with meteor ive rooted it and upgraded to 2.2 but do i still need to get it unlocked?

if so where can i ? its only new so im sure meteor wont do it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Can anyone confirm that if the €10 you get when you Port over is once off or monthly??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 paulymc

Ive a HTC which i bought from 3.. Tethering on it now as i havent topped up with the new deal yet.. Am i better off just buying another add on or topping up 20 euro? Wouldnt mind been able to tether on it in the future..

This post has been deleted.

Monthly according to a thread on the Three forum.
    Cheers, I just double checked with Patrick on the Three forum. He confirmed it's monthly!

Edit: Just to be clear you get €10 free when you Port and register with Three along with free €10 every month when you top up by €20. Amazing deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I just bought a Galaxy Europa for €39 from three.ie and €20 top up.

I registered my details etc (didn't port a number though) and now when I check my balance it says €37.94 :confused:

Is this €20 extra bonus credit? And does it get used first so I'll be left with the €20 I paid for? :confused:

Update - Just updated a few things on the Market and now my balance is €13 ?!

Update 2 - Rang them up, got sorted a day later. I wasn't on the All You Can Eat plan for some reason but I am now, and got my credit replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Can anyone clarify if you can use half your units to ring the UK with this new plan, or is that option available to billpay customers only?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

January wrote: »
    All my extra texts and stuff are queued to come in after my other ones expire or run out...

Oh u lucky f***er!!! Maybe I should give them a message on here so...

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    I just bought a Galaxy Europa for €39 from three.ie and €20 top up.

I registered my details etc (didn't port a number though) and now when I check my balance it says €37.94 :confused:

Is this €20 extra bonus credit? And does it get used first so I'll be left with the €20 I paid for? :confused:

Update - Just updated a few things on the Market and now my balance is €13 ?!

Update 2 - Rang them up, got sorted a day later. I wasn't on the All You Can Eat plan for some reason but I am now, and got my credit replaced.
    Apparently you get €39 free credit when you buy the Samsung Europa, going by the Thread in BA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Does 'free other operator' weekend calls include free calls to ROI landlines ?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

0lddog wrote: »
    Does 'free other operator' weekend calls include free calls to ROI landlines ?

yes all Irish networks including landlines are included.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dman001 wrote: »
    Apparently you get €39 free credit when you buy the Samsung Europa, going by the Thread in BA.

Oooops!!!! A booboo by 3. They are taking money back now....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Can anyone clarify if you can use half your units to ring the UK with this new plan, or is that option available to billpay customers only?
    You don't get units on prepay.
    Calls to the UK are 35c per minute.

[Link]

Advertisement