Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP - dispute over charges and professional conduct

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Newaglish wrote: »
    But at this stage she has already booked my appointment to see the doctor and confirmed it afterwards?
    You are relying on her undertaking that collecting a form would be free. You told her that you would only be collecting a form. That is not the service you received. Therefore you actually misrepresented (perhaps unintentionally) what service you were seeking. Unfortunately you simply dont have a case on that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Can you say what county she is located in or is that best left unsaid?

The thing that KILLS me is the "we too are like accountants" part. I mean honestly, she needs to get a grip. She is a GP, not an accountant and 35 euro for a stamp is ludicrous. Those fee's should be illegal, OP this is clearly one for Joe Duffy. :pac:

Definitely follow this up though just so she can be reprimanded. Her conduct was terrible. Most GP's are such chancers I swear, you could go in knowing exactly what you need and still get charged 50-60 quid for a slip, it's ludicrous.

Advertisement