Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fog lights robbed in Drogheda!

Options
  • 26-07-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I know there are a number of robberies going on throughout Drogheda, where houses are being broken into but the robbery which I was victim to has had to be the weirdest yet!

I drive a Hyundai Ix35 and woke a few weeks back to see that someone had come along with a cutting tool and sawed the fog lights out from the bumper!! I was left with two gaping holes in the bumper and it has taken a number of weeks to get the whole thing sorted as well! :mad:

A couple of suspicious characters were seen loitering in the area at the time

So, no matter what car you drive, be careful of where you park it. I reckon the lights were stolen to order and parts can be taken off cars very easily. Lets make it as hard as possible for these gits!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

:eek:
    Thats really really low when your robbing foglights!
    Where was the car when that happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Friend of mine came out of her home (northside of Drogheda) one morning a while back to find her hubcaps gone....and a buddy of hers had spotlights taken from his car too (similar MO to yours, Harry, they'd been cut off).

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Harry Tasker

Thanks! The car was parked across the road from the house! Now permanently parked on driveway!

A few years back the alloys were stolen off another car I had - must be a 'likely target' for these guys!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

my friends car in collon parked in her driveway and they robbed the spoiler off her car... she never even heard a thing. cheeky fcukers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Reminds me of a funny story...

About 10 years ago my OH's little sister had a little Susuki Swift that she spent a fortune modifying. She bought a used big bore exhaust (stop laughing) for about €200 that her uncle was going to fit for her. You couldn't miss this thing. The pipe was bright orange and it had some dodgy welding done! Before fitting he left it leaning against the wall near the car as he went to get some tools from the garage. When he came back the exhaust was gone! He couldn't believe it. This is down a small country lane with very little traffic and he was only gone for a minute or two.

Anyway about 8 months later I'm delivering pizza for Domino's in Swords (The OH and her sister both worked there too in the shop). So I'm standing outside talking to the other drivers and one of the lads says he thinks his exhaust is lose 'cos it's rattling. I bend down to have a look and low and behold I see this stupid looking big orange pipe with the dodgy welds.

Though I didn't know the driver really, I did know the chap he bought it off, he'd told me before I looked. A close neighbour of the OH's.

I got her €200 back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

A good while ago a neighbour of mine got into her Ford Fiesta one morning and drove off. Next thing she's blown out of it and then realised the windscreen had been stolen during the night. There was 3 Fiestas on the road and they all lost various bits over the course of a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wonderwoman2

Dingatron wrote: »
    the windscreen had been stolen during the night.
    Must have been half asleep driving off, funny but not funny !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It sounds like there's thieves trying to assemble a car, one stolen piece at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

There seems to be big money in the parts business. Whether they are legally or illegally obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Neighbour had his wing mirror and steering wheel nicked a while back. I had an identical car at the time only in black. Looks like I picked the right colour !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

It sounds like there's thieves trying to assemble a car, one stolen piece at a time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭annoyingbeast

I know someone who had all four tyres stolen before, parked there car on the quays in drogheda. and someones gate to their driveway...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

They're stealing parts to order, big money in it.

I know a fella who had 3, not all 4, 3 of the centre part that cover the wheelnuts of golf hubcaps taken. They also took all the badges off the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

obviously bought this and jsut as they were nearly finished they realised they were missing a few parts....

http://whinesisters.com/images/uploads/IKEA_Car.jpg

sorry no idea how to embed the image...

Advertisement