Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping at the Cavan Fleadh

Options
  • 26-07-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

What are the campsites like at the cavan fleadh? I know there are two weekend campsite - the Equestrian centre and the Terrycoyle Gaa Pitch (which is the family campsite for the weekend).

There are four of us camping and as yet we do not have a car or campervan - we only have tents.... is this risky or are the campsites safe?
    We are going from thursday to tuesday.

What are the facilities like? Which is the safer campsite?

Any information at all much appreciated smile.gifsmile.gif
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

laoiserick wrote: »
    What are the campsites like at the cavan fleadh? I know there are two weekend campsite - the Equestrian centre and the Terrycoyle Gaa Pitch (which is the family campsite for the weekend).

There are four of us camping and as yet we do not have a car or campervan - we only have tents.... is this risky or are the campsites safe?
    We are going from thursday to tuesday.

What are the facilities like? Which is the safer campsite?

Any information at all much appreciated smile.gifsmile.gif
    Thanks

Hi,

If you are going for the weekend, they will only allow you in to the campsite at the Equestrian centre, which I would suggest avoiding if at all possible if it is anything like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I stayed in the equestrian centre last year. It wasn't awful but I'm not staying there again this year.

The facilities were good - showers, restaurant, toilets, etc. and it is a nice place to camp. The main problem is that it was full of people who had no idea what the fleadh even was and who were just there to drink. As a result it was loud and rowdy. Some people's tents got ruined (which I've never experienced at any other fleadh). Somebody burned a hole in my tent with a cigarette and stole half the pegs.

It's also quite far out. There is a shuttle bus service but it's not great and getting home from town at night can be tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

There are very few at the Fleadh for anything other than 'drinking' from what I saw last year. Lets be honest, it's just another drinkfest with background music.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

God, I hope the Fleadh lives up to my expectations now, this is my first year going down where I'm not working as a waiter. If it's just another drinkfest I'll be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

Last year, the fleadh was very enjoyable.
    Better though to try find somewhere indoors to stay. Although there are buses provided for transport, the equestrian centre isn't exactly right beside town, it's better to be somewhere in the town or as close as possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement