Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Help!!

• 26-07-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭

Am in the hospital at the moment and after reading and watching my way through practically every single book and DVD my parents can find at home I've decided it might be a good idea to go do a little study and here comes my problem. Does anyone know how you study for the pros section? My teacher is shíte and I had being using this site (http://irishstudysite.com/) to help and it's very good but it conflicts with my irish book (Blas-Ardleibheal) for the story Hurlamaboc. It has one chapter (I think!!) but the summary from the above website says that you are supposed to have 16 chapters!! :confused::confused::confused:So, in summary is anyone able to clear this up for me and also tell me how to properly study for the pros section of the paper!! Also any Irish notes would be heavily appreciated!! :D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You do only have to do one chapter of Hurlamaboc, the one that's in your book (Blas).

The main questions that are asked on prós tend to be about characters or the main theme. Read your book's notes on those. Make sure you understand the stories, it'll help you remember them.

Tá súil agam go dtiocfaidh biseach ort gan mórán moille!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I find the easiest way for me to study the prose/poetry is to read through the notes/sample answers in my book (Cúnamh) and understand them fully. Then I take an A4 sheet, and read over all the notes again, just picking out key words about the plot, characters, techniques, anything relevant. Examples from my notes for Hurlamaboc are things like useful words such as "seoinínteacht", "aicme", "ardnósach" and simpler words that help jog my memory of the story, such as "cóisir mhór", "foirfe", "Ascaill na Fuinseoige", etc. I just pick up on any relevant words and write them on the A4 page in bullet points. I try to learn all these words and just construct simple sentences around them in the actual tests. I do also copy sentences from the book underneath the bullet pointed words, mainly so that I can have them as a reference point, although I do usually learn off a few just to look good! For me it's easier to lean when it's all spread out like that, rather than learning from a big block of text.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

ahhh blas- what would i do without it?? i'd say the same as the others- just practice the questions :) the ones in our book are good enough:rolleyes: and that website- thank you so much!!

Advertisement