Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is UPC/NTL Broadband down [west city]?

Options
  • 26-07-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

Has anyone elses UPC Broadband service gone down?

I'm in the Taylors Hill area and have reported the fault.

They are telling me if it's a more widespread issue they will fix it sometime today, but if it's localised to my house, it will be the end of the week before they can send someone to look at it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Im on St Marys road and mine is ok. I have had periods lately where it goes off for a few minutes and then comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Thanks.
    Just came back a few mins ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I'm in Shantalla and mine's fine. It has been a bit iffy lately though, for the first time in a while. It's been awful slow and went down for a few hours last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fermeen

Was down about an hour ago for a while.

UPC are upgrading the cables in my area. their techie said they would be finished tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

No you're not alone, had the same problem, near your area (Fort Lorenzo). It was down earlier, around 2 pm. I'm not at home now so I don't know if it's back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Anyone having problems with their channels. Broadband seems to be ok but some of the tv channels are flicking a bit. Mainly TV3 and Sky sports news is gone the last 3 days. I've checked and tightened all the cables but still the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

is it a cisco router?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

brmccfc wrote: »
    is it a cisco router?

We have a wireless Cisco router allright. That shouldn't affect the channels though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Regular DNS server issues from UPC,drive ya shpare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I've been away for a week using my 3G phone for internet and first thing when I got in I restarted my router to avail of the "speed increase" I read about in one of the mails in my hall. The new speed appears to be zero! I can connect to my wifi but nothing is going through at all. Digital channels are fine. I tried two more reboots, no fun.
    Anyone else have this happen? Any point ringing it in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

barryd09 wrote: »
    Regular DNS server issues from UPC,drive ya shpare.

Amen!

It came back again on the third reboot, after a good 10 minute cool down. All is forgiven UPC (well, that is forgiven anyway).
    500gb? I'm struggling to think of ways to bust that cap.:D

edit: but it seems awfully slow. Improving as the night goes on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    It came back again on the third reboot, after a good 10 minute cool down. All is forgiven UPC (well, that is forgiven anyway).
    500gb? I'm struggling to think of ways to bust that cap.:D

edit: but it seems awfully slow. Improving as the night goes on though.

Dan, just curious, did you get a letter from UPC notifying you of the speed increase and cap increase along with a price rise??
    I got a letter like that but i'm f...ed if I'm paying anything more to them... This is the second price rise in 12-18months...
    I don't need such an allowance or speed anyways... sorry for rant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Dan, just curious, did you get a letter from UPC notifying you of the speed increase and cap increase along with a price rise??
    I got a letter like that but i'm f...ed if I'm paying anything more to them... This is the second price rise in 12-18months...
    I don't need such an allowance or speed anyways... sorry for rant

I got it too ..I will be ringing later today to cancel my contract. At which point they'll waver the 5 Euro increase ;)

Yeah, I got it. Struggling to justify those limits myself, and I'm no stranger to the cap-exceeded warning letter myself in the past. I'm guessing some of my problems are stemming from my first reboot to get these great new speeds...
    Any point in asking to go down to a lower speed/smaller cap? If you're in a digital package too is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but it's more relevant in the Galway City section. Does anybody here have 100MB UPC? I rang them up and they said I'm only eligible for 30MB (which is my current package) :mad: I live near Taylors Hill. I would have thought they would have rolled out their services to areas like that by now. I had my heart set on upgrading to 100MBs :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but it's more relevant in the Galway City section. Does anybody here have 100MB UPC? I rang them up and they said I'm only eligible for 30MB (which is my current package) :mad: I live near Taylors Hill. I would have thought they would have rolled out their services to areas like that by now. I had my heart set on upgrading to 100MBs :(.

100MBs:eek: Not sure mate, overkill for the likes of me:D
    I'll be taking muppetkillers advice anyway and ringing them. Wouldn't mind but i'm still on analogue tv and they telling me about new digital tv channels i'll be getting:(
    I think i'm overpaying for a lot of services i'm getting so I'm cutting back on everything and renegotiating(sp) contracts/service providers...
    On topic, paying nearly €60 for analogue tv and 10/15MB net..
    Not good enough IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

Upc is down in roscam anyone else suffering

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

Upc is down in roscam anyone else suffering

I've UPC and my phone isn't working, broadband and tv are ok though. I'm in Knocknacarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 john locke

it was down for a while in ballybrit today, well said on the screen that the service was being upgraded. seen that message quite a lot lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

when they first announced the 100MBs i rang them up about it. only happening in dublin first. i was told that it will probably come to galway early next year, with mervue and ballybane getting it before everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

UPC is down again in the Taylors Hill area.

I spoke to UPC who have said that it's an issue with the general area. They don't know yet what has caused the issue, but it typically takes around 3 hrs to resolve this type of outage.

Advertisement