Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crocs barber

• 26-07-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Spotted that they opened on Ballinacurra road a few weeks back.

Has anyone gone in to get a cut or shave there yet? If so, how good are they and what are the prices like?

Their location is quite handy.

Prefer to find out how good or bad they are through someone else's hair than my own :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »

Has anyone gone in to get a cut or shave there yet? If so, how good are they and what are the prices like?

Prefer to find out how good or bad they are through someone else's hair than my own :D

I'm pretty sure there is a Crocs barber in Ballybrown, I got my hair cut in there one day by a turkish (or egyptian I can't remember) gentleman and he did a top notch job. I'm not sure if the two venues are related and if it is the same gentleman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there is a Crocs barber in Ballybrown, I got my hair cut in there one day by a turkish (or egyptian I can't remember) gentleman and he did a top notch job. I'm not sure if the two venues are related and if it is the same gentleman?

Yeah I know there is a place in Clarina, but never been in there either.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know if this place is still open? Passed it Monday and it looked closed?
    Want to pop down for a haircut during college tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Pretty sure I saw it open on Tuesday evening.
    Maybe they are just closed on Monday?

Anyone know if this place is still open? Passed it Monday and it looked closed?
    Want to pop down for a haircut during college tomorrow!

Was open earlier when I drove by.

Let me know what it is like, always better to find the bad barbers using another person's hair. :D With any luck it will be the opposite though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

All barbers close on mondays......its their saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm sure I saw a sign on the window saying €15 a dry cut. No thanks, cheaper to be had in town. ;) €7 with my voucher in Alis barber in September. I think they run the voucher thing every other month.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I'm sure I saw a sign on the window saying €15 a dry cut. No thanks, cheaper to be had in town. ;) €7 with my voucher in Alis barber in September. I think they run the voucher thing every other month.

€15 seems dear for a dry cut, so a proper wash and cut would be a lot more expensive methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

€15 seems dear for a dry cut, so a proper wash and cut would be a lot more expensive methinks.

Wash you hair at home Kess73 McMillions :rolleyes:

EDIT ah no, hang on. The girl with the big hooters in Blades years back(remember, when we had money). She was grand for an aul head massage. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 David 2012

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Croc's Barber's are the best in town . well Recommened , I have been there five time's myself and it is my on going Barbers. It is only a tenner for all gent hair cut's , hot towel shave's are 15 alright ..
    Steve is an amazing Barber ?? ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi Steve, how is business?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

David 2012 wrote: »
    Croc's Barber's are the best in town . well Recommened , I have been there five time's myself and it is my on going Barbers. It is only a tenner for all gent hair cut's , hot towel shave's are 15 alright ..
    Steve is an amazing Barber ?? ...

I don't believe you. Banned until I get an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gazza1000

Pretty good barber shop. I've only paid €10 for haircuts there over the past 2/3 months. The guy is pretty sound (don't know his name) - he's talkative and professional! Gives a good cut and provides value for money. Location is handy also - parking is not a problem. That's my 2 pence worth anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Talkative...eugh just leave me alone and cut my hair!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Let me know what it is like, always better to find the bad barbers using another person's hair. :D With any luck it will be the opposite though.

What do you sometimes catch the Barbers doing with peoples hair Kess :eek:

- Sounds like some creepy Silence of the Lambs thing - But with swept hair.....

And when its the opposite what do you do ??????
    Beer Baron wrote: »
    €7 with my voucher in Alis barber in September.

FFS if you're gonna wait another 7 months for a haircut then maybe throw the poor man a tenner - Just make sure he doesn't do anything odd with all that hair afterwards, maybe bag it and bring it with you or something.....

P.S. Gotta love Steves story, seemingly the shop is open a few weeks and he's been in there 5 times already - Must look like Kojak by now......

Raiser wrote: »
    What do you sometimes catch the Barbers doing with peoples hair Kess :eek:

- Sounds like some creepy Silence of the Lambs thing - But with swept hair.....

And when its the opposite what do you do ??????

I could answer your questions Raiser old bean, but then you would stop going to that barber you generally use :eek:

Advertisement