Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roaming data

Options
  • 26-07-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I am in France now and although I have internet access on my laptop, I do not have it on my emobile galaxy s.

I understand the roaming charges are 99c per mb.

I will only use it lightly and I wonder how much is 1mb.....will I use several a day??

Also, I am disappointed that the satnav/navigator function does not work now I am in France...if I get roaming will this work?

thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I used google maps/navigation in the North recently, used up 2mb (1.5mb download, 0.5mb upload). So it cost me €1.98. I did turn off automatic syncing so I got no facebook updates, no emails, no news/weather feeds etc.

Your mileage will vary depending on the apps you're using. I suggest you should first download 3G Watchdog which will help you monitor your usage. You can turn off data connections while on roaming networks if you find the usage to be too much.

Advertisement