Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

August Server Event: The Legend of Boardsalia

• 26-07-2011 2:47pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can you find the legendary treasure of boardsalia? Can you figure out who the killer was?
    Coming at the end of August (yes August, it’s a pretty exhaustive event to plan out), we’re having an extravaganza event to finish off the summer. The server will once again be transformed; this time into a town with hidden secrets, treasure and most importantly, can you figure out who killed cherryghost?

The event will encompass a number of gaming elements: puzzle, RPG and adventure. There will be a minimum of 4 teams with 3 players per team. Each team will consist of:
    - A detective. The detective is assigned by the team and is the ONLY person that can make an accusation of the murderer. They can pick up vital pieces as well as perform interactions with certain elements in the game.
    - The assistant. The assistant’s role will be aiding the detective get through various puzzle elements of the event.
    - The bodyguard. The bodyguard is the only person who can carry armour/weapons and food. They are essential in keeping the team alive.

Once a person in a team dies, they can no longer participate in the event. If the detective dies, the assistant becomes the detective and the bodyguard assumes 2 positions. If the assistant dies the bodyguard has full control of team privaleges.

If in the case that detective makes an accusation of the murderer and is the wrong person, they are murdered and can no longer participate. The assistant will take the role in his/her place as a result and so forth.

The winning team for the murder victory conditions gets a little personal prize from yours truly and some prizes for the main server. Anyone who finds the treasure receives prizes on the main server.

So basically, I need a list of definite names and teams, so I can alter a little script I have written up for this event. I started on the world yesterday but will take some time to carve out. Admins except myself can participate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

Did you have a particular date in mind Cherry? I'd love to participate in this but I'm going on holidays for a few weeks in August and want to make sure I'm here for the event before I put my name down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Did you have a particular date in mind Cherry? I'd love to participate in this but I'm going on holidays for a few weeks in August and want to make sure I'm here for the event before I put my name down.

I am in the same position

• Registered Users Posts: 19 A Chara

Free up til the 25th

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd be aiming for the end of August/beginning of September at the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

count me in!

I'll be in a team with cal2195 and the_gingernut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Linkus

Count me in, though I can't give 100% definite yes at this point. Who knows what will happen in the next month xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Cool cool. If you need help give me a bell.

I'm in too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Count me in I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Count me in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Savage Beat

I would like to participate. Do not have any team members.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

Count me in,
    Ill be on a team with sausageandeggs

Advertisement