Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vandalising Cars

Options
  • 26-07-2011 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I don't know if anyone noticed this or even if it happened to anybody recently but last week (week night) my partner's rear windscreen wiper was completely ripped off the car. It was a pure act of vandalism because there is no way looking at what was left could the arm have been reused. We live in Seabourne View facing onto the car park and we usually sleep with the window open and I have noticed lately in recent weeks the noise of either people screaming or shouting on week nights has really increased. Sadly we didn't hear anything that night but we do know it happened quite late because my partner was in late that evening.

We checked around after it happened and all the cars in close proximity seem to have everything attached.

Obviously we won't catch whoever did this but just wondering if anyone has noticed this. We are hoping it won't get any worse and want to alert people that it is going on!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Is it possible it happened before your partner returned home and it just wasn't noticed til you got back. It seems a little odd for someone to come into the carpark and just do a single wiper unless there was some malicious intent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mean_Day

No we definitely would have noticed it missing because it is quite unusual and sticks out from the car. Plus my partner had been using the boot of the car and noticed straight away when walking by the car the following morning. We thought the same thing about it being odd but it couldn't have been malicious we are only new to the area and definitely don't think we've made any enemies!

Advertisement