Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Query

Options
  • 26-07-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can someone help me out...

I attended a level 5 FETAC course in the September after my Leaving Cert 3 years ago, but as i did not like it i left after a few months. I have applied for a level 6 chef course which begins this September. I will meet the 9 month/234 days requirement for the Back To Education Allowance as i will be on social welfare for 9 months by September.
    However i am not sure whether or not my previous attempt at college will prevent my BTEA application.

Can someone please help me out on this?

Kind regards
    Maria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mariok

Can someone please help me out here as this is really stressing me??
    Tanks
    Maria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to, put in the application anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i don't see why not. the level six is higher than the level five so it is seen as progression. i did a level 5 years ago (i will admit i completed it, but even so) and am going back to do a level 6 (chef course as it happens!!! where are you doing yours may i ask?) and i qualify so i do not see why you wouldn't.

best of luck :)

Advertisement