Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Site Advice

Options
  • 26-07-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi am setting up a new website. It's selling about 20 products. I'm keeping it simple becasue I am a one man opperater and hope to do it part time, with a view to making it full time.

What sort of a website do I need? And how much should it cost to develop? I have no grapic design or logo so I will need all that done too.

In terms of payment would paypal or realex be enough and easy enough to use. I have factored in them charging me 5% on my sales.
    I will be selling low cost high margin products. I am hoping to have 1,720 customers a year. Spending on average of €12 each. It's a very high margin product so I'm hoping to make a profit after set up cost in year one! Don't know if it will be that easy but that's the plan.
    Any other thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Rather than building and maintaining a website from scratch, you might consider a service like Shopify which will take care of the "website" side of things for you -- and let you concentrate on creating/sourcing and selling products.

There's a free 30 day trial so you can at least get stuck in and see if it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Days

Thanks for that. Look like really good value. I was just chatting to one of their agents. Does anyone know any websites that use shopify? Just want to have a look.

What way does the grapic design work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Days wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Look like really good value. I was just chatting to one of their agents. Does anyone know any websites that use shopify? Just want to have a look
    Shopify have an examples page with a long list of different web stores using the service.
    What way does the grapic design work?
    They offer a selection of free and premium (paid for) designs or you can build and integrate your own. So it should be possible to start simple and cheap and grow into something much more unique and customised.

Advertisement