Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisdom Wireless Alarm remote monitoring

Options
  • 26-07-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I changed to UPC fone a while back, which appears to be VOIp, and intended to get around to sorting out the remote monitoring issue but never did.

Ive taken a quick look at the system and have a couple of questions Im hoping you guys might provide clarity on.

I dont see how the wisdom ever connected to the old landline. There is no obvious hardline between the two nor is there any sign of wiring works behind either panel.

Could someone explain in summary how these alarms integrate with the landline? If i understood that better i could go about troubleshooting it myself.

Ive read on other forums of Eircom phonewatch having similar issue which they proivde a Wireless GSM solution for but Im not sure if thats the same solution for my alarm.

Any thoughts? In this day and age there shoudl be a workable solution to this, i just need to understand the alarm better.

Cheers
    Col

Found this link in the meantime, am thinking it could work for me, just need to find the cabiling from the Wisdom box.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70913369

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the alarm is self monitored it will work with UPC.
    The panels phone connection is below the cable hole on the left side of the panel as you look at it opened. An external GSM will do the same as the UPC line on your panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

cool thanks, ill figure it out as long as i know im not barking up the wrong tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

minotour wrote: »
    cool thanks, ill figure it out as long as i know im not barking up the wrong tree.

Your welcome, any problems let us know.

Advertisement