Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Down hill bike or not??

Options
  • 26-07-2011 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey im currently doing a lot of xc and want to get into some down hill, I was thinking of waiting for the new bighit to be released and pick one up, but ive also seen some older ones on gumtree and done deal etc, anybody have any advice???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Use your XC bike to go downhill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mynameisgraeme

i was thinking that but changing the forks to a bigger travel will change the geometry of the bike (so i am told), and the forks im looking at are nearly the price of a decent 2nd hander

well any change to longer travel forks with upset the geometry of a HT XC, which could cancel the benefit you would get on the dh from the longer travel..

** Mods this should be in the cycling forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bren10101

nah dh is an extreme sport

hey man go to irishdh.com and ask there, those lads know what there talking about, and there is a few decent second hand bike for sale on there all the time.

Bren10101 wrote: »
    nah dh is an extreme sport

Is it? It's fairly mainstream these days judging by the large numbers of people out on FS bikes and there being a national points series too..

OP, also go to Epicdh.com if you are Dublin based and want to start DH mtb'ing correctly then this is the way to go..

• Advertisement
Advertisement