Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student and tuition fee

Options
  • 26-07-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. Could you anyone help me? Today I received a letter, which confinrm, that I have a place at UL. Ill be a mature student on the Back to Education scheme. But I also have to pay tuition fee. Where can I apply for a grant (if thats it called like that), and reg. fee (if any?). Ive no money for pay this by myself... Many thanks if anyone can help me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

Hi You won't get a grant AND Back to Education Allowance but your registration fees will be paid for you if you are eligible. You should fill in the student grant application form as if you were applying for a grant.
    Don't know why you should have to pay tuition fees unless it's a postgrad course? If it is a postgrad course your fees will be paid up to a limit of €6270.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4 beautyfullmind

This will be my first ever course, undergraduate.
    They wrote in the letter that tuition fees are e5630. Nothing about registration fee:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

This will be my first ever course, undergraduate.
    They wrote in the letter that tuition fees are e5630. Nothing about registration fee:confused:
    As this is your first under grad course, you qualify for free fees if you are resident in Ireland for 3 of last 5 years prior to entry to course or if you do not meet this condition, you must be an EU resident for the same period to qualify for free fees. You apply to the local authority in the area you are living as you did not receive a grant from any other authority ie if living in County Limerick, apply to Lmk County Council, if living in Limerick City, apply to Lmk City Council. To qualify as Independent Mature and be assessed on your own income and that of your spouse/partner, you must prove Independent Residency as at October 2010 right up to starting college. Include utility bills with your name and address. Include P60s for 3 of last 5 years to cover residency in Ireland. Also enclose last year's P21 for yourself and P60 and P21 for partner/spouse. Enclose offer of place from college and acknowledgment of acceptance of course. Include original birth cert and if born outside Ireland enclose copy of passport. Include details of any amounts listed on P21 document and enclose statement from social welfare if payments were received during 2010. Fill out course acceptance form i.e. FA1 and return with application. Send in document stating you are on BTEA. You will only be granted the Registration fee of 2000 and you are not entitled to the maintenance grant because of BTEA. Hope this helps. Please note, the course has to be full time.

Advertisement