Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Restaurant in Dundrum Town Centre

Options
  • 26-07-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's opinions are on where is the best place for food in Dundrum?

I think Siam Thai is probably the best of the places I have been to. I seem to remember them having a really good value Early Bird menu but I just checked the website and it is being updated it seems.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

It's very good all right but Ananda hands down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ditto the above

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Teddys end of.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Where is Ananda ?

Joe10000 wrote: »
    Where is Ananda ?

When you go in the cinema entrance take the escalators up to the second floor and you have HMV in front of you and KFC on one side and some other restaurant on the other, it's just to the left of HMV (the KFC side of things) up a few steps. It's an odd location and easy to miss but highly regarded so passing trade probably isn't a big issue for them. You can also access it from the side of the centre just past Winters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If Ananda is Jaipur's place in Dundrum then is will be good.

I love the Counter for burgers and I have had some very good meals at the Port House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Ananda is amazing, but expensive.
    The Counter does really good burgers.
    Siam Thai does decent Thai food, and as mentioned, the early bird is great value.
    The restaurant in Harvey Nichols is meant to be good, haven't been myself.

Some people love Nandos. I don't, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Port House yet.

Personally I think Ananda is over rated. All fur coat and no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

irlrobins wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Port House yet.

I did, I think its very good. A decent wine list as well.

Love the Port House, great little spot. Harvey Nicks food is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Where's "The Counter"?

Red Alert wrote: »
    Where's "The Counter"?

In the 'Pembroke District'. Opposite from the main entrance to the shopping centre you go down the steps between Harvey Nicks and the row of restaurants, it's down among Nandos, The Port House, Wagamama (new) and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

No recommendations for Nando's yet?
    For shame! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Mauricmo wrote: »
    No recommendations for Nando's yet?
    For shame! :p

Nandos? It's KFC on plates!
    L'Officina or The Port House for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

Must agree with Ananda - though it is pricey, it really is very delicious. If you are looking to spend a few euros, then go there.

I like Harvey Nichols for lunch.

And The Counter is really good as well, their build your own burger idea is pretty awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Ananda, followed by The Port House. Both excellent, though quite different dining experiences.

In contrast experiences in Siam Thai and Harvey Nicks were very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sharpknife

Ananda...amazing...food...best indian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

maos is nice, so is wagamama. the port house has great food, the candle lit atmosphere is so nice. also heard ananda was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Hootanany wrote: »
    Teddys end of.:D

End of, all right. It's closed down now. I heard they tried a big price increase which didn't work out.

We went to the Port House on Friday - nice grub, but a very long wait. She told us '20-30 minutes', and we got our table 80 minutes later. I know it's not in her direct control, but she should be able to give a better estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Anandas, Siam Thai and Port House are top of the list.

Mind you, Anadanda is a bit on the pricey side, try to go instead for lunch when they have a good value menu.

I also have a soft spot for the Counter and Nandos.

• Advertisement

yo sushi in the actual centre is good! i like milanos also when i wen there. never been to l'officina but heard the one in kildare village is rly gud so i dont see how this one could be any difeerent. do chain restaurants ever differ in quality from place to place??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Anyone tried this restaurant yet,

How was it price wise and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Any opinions/reviews of Roly Saul's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

homer911 wrote: »
    Any opinions/reviews of Roly Saul's?

Used to be really good but then went downhill,

Hear good things of the place recently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

The Port House isn't serving beer at the moment, was there on Sunday and when I asked why not I was told because they don't have a license. Three months ago I was told that I couldn't get a beer because they hadn't renewed their license. In any event I like a beer or two with tapas and good and all as The Port House is I will not go back if I can't have a beer with my food. Not having sorted it for at least three months is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Wagamamas has been brilliant in dundrum anytime I've gone- really good service

bubblefett wrote: »
    Wagamamas has been brilliant in dundrum anytime I've gone- really good service

Wagamama is nice , especially for families, but its really just a bad siam thai,the food there is far superior to wagamamas imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Dante in Blackrock was always yummy before it closed so I visited the one in Dundrum the other day and I was pleasantly suprised to find it was even better. Delicious pizzas and pastas.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Ive always found Dante to be very disappointing. Tried the Del Arte restaurant the other day. Great value for money, tasty and cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

The Orb wrote: »
    The Port House isn't serving beer at the moment, was there on Sunday and when I asked why not I was told because they don't have a license. Three months ago I was told that I couldn't get a beer because they hadn't renewed their license. In any event I like a beer or two with tapas and good and all as The Port House is I will not go back if I can't have a beer with my food. Not having sorted it for at least three months is not good.

There is a reason for that... A local off licence keeps bringing them to court to stop them selling beer...Keeps getting thrown out but he appeals or comes up with another way to haul them back in..

Advertisement