Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Restaurant in Dundrum Town Centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭markpb

Frynge wrote: »
    Ristorante Del Art - Anyone tried this restaurant yet. How was it price wise and quality.

Went there last week, thought it was nice enough and a decent price (we had the early bird menu). I'd heard some very good reviews and was a little disappointed but it was fine.
    homer911 wrote: »
    Any opinions/reviews of Roly Saul's?

Only been once or twice but I really liked it.
    cronin_j wrote: »
    There is a reason for that... A local off licence keeps bringing them to court to stop them selling beer...Keeps getting thrown out but he appeals or comes up with another way to haul them back in..

I was wondering about that - Pizza Hut aren't selling alcohol at the moment either. It's a bit irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I went to that del arte restaurant when I was in Paris. It thought it was very nice ,I didnt pay for it my friend did so I dont remember what the prices were like.It had a nice italian atmosphere ,dont know if the Dundrum one has the same amount of themeing, this one in Paris had wine barrels, and italian paintings and tiles and grape vines and the such. So anyway I was surprised and happy when I saw it was opening in Dundrum:)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Surprised cortinas hasn't gotten a mention! It's amazing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

I agree with Cortina's - finally only went there a couple of weeks back, and I regretted always avoiding the place... it was absolutely gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Ananda's for me, even if it is on the pricey side, the food is amazing, was disappointed with Siam thai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Milano is always consistently good, not amazing but there are one or two dishes that I always go back for. The service varies between slow and unbearable.

Siam Thai is tasty, fresh and reliable and a proper 'restaurant' whereas Nando's is basically glorified fastfood that tastes of cardboard at best -will have to give Ananda a whirl on the basis of this thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

The Port House is lovely, although it can get very busy. Nice spot for dates ;)
    I like The Counter too, the burgers are really nice.
    I quite like Douglas and Kaldi too, although sometimes it can be a bit hit and miss.
    Never tried Siam Thai, must give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Had an extremely mediocre experience in The Counter recently. The idea behind the menu was fun, but the food was glorified Burger King. Ananda's and The Port House are still leagues ahead of the alternatives in Dundrum imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Was really disappointed in the porter house; tables squished together, slooowwww service and mediocre food.

Ananda definitely works for me and brunch in the Harvey Niks cafe thingy is the only way to pass a sunday morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Only place I've been to in that area was Siam Thai, which was disappointing. I thought it was Chinese takeaway food on plates at inflated prices.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I hear Jamie Oliver is opening something in Dundum? Anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

awec wrote: »
    I hear Jamie Oliver is opening something in Dundum? Anyone heard anything?

Your ears done heard right... http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0522/1224316503205.html

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Palimpsest

All the shops seem to only open at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Well McDonalds is open before 9am - but you would have to be desperate... Frangos is open after 9am, not much good to you but where else? Also Frangos can be very hit and miss - either the toast is not working or the scrambled eggs are manky etc, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Penny Pitstop

Could you try Howard's Way in Churchtown? It's not that far from Dundrum SC by car and they're opened at 8 on weekdays

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Palimpsest wrote: »
    All the shops seem to only open at 9.

Douglas and Kaldi is probably your best bet but only opens at 0830.

http://www.dundrum.ie/dining/douglas-kaldi-terrace-cafe-and-resaurant

Advertisement