Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching from Sky to Freesat

• 26-07-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I have Sky Multiroom at the minute, with a Sky+ box in my sitting room and a Sky+HD box in my kitchen.

I want to get rid of multiroom and only keep Sky in one room. I would be putting the Sky+HD box in the sitting room.

I would then like to use a Saorview/FreeSat combi box in the kitchen. Is this do-able?

I have an aerial connection in the kicthen for the Saorview and have the 2 cables that come from the Sky dish that plug into the Sky+HD box as well.

How do I go about setting it all up?
    Is it just as simple as plugging the Sky cables into the Freesat box?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

emmetmcl wrote: »
    I would then like to use a Saorview/FreeSat combi box in the kitchen. Is this do-able?

It's do-able apart from the fact that there's no such thing as a Saorview/Freesat combi, only generic sat/terr. boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭very

It's do-able apart from the fact that there's no such thing as a Saorview/Freesat combi, only generic sat/terr. boxes.

:) Well, you know what I mean. So I can just plug the aerial connection and the Sky connections into the box and it should work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

Should work fine, assuming there's a good signal from the dish & aerial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

very wrote: »
    :)Well, you know what I mean. So I can just plug the aerial connection and the Sky connections into the box and it should work?

I know what the OP means.

And you are? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Sorry, was on my friends laptop and was using his account by mistake. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement