Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom calling to door

Options
  • 26-07-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Just had two people calling to the door from eircom saying they were were going to check to see if we were entitled to a reduction in our bill. Eircom is not my name so the said they would come back when girlfried is at home and asked would she have a bill ready so they can check if we are entitled. Is this legit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I'd say it is legit we signed upto eircom about two weeks ago by a door to door salesman and got a huge reduction €22 a month instead of the usual €42.

Ask for the salesperson's eircom identification if your worried about it they usually have this clipped to their belt tough.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jay93 wrote: »
    I'd say it is legit we signed upto eircom about two weeks ago by a door to door salesman and got a huge reduction €22 a month instead of the usual €42.

Ask for the salesperson's eircom identification if your worried about it they usually have this clipped to their belt tough.:pac:

Hi jay93
    correct, it is vital to ask for proper identification and if you have any doubts at all better to just say not interested.
    Tony

Advertisement