Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just an idea

Options
  • 26-07-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

this just an idea,maybe this has come up before ,but here goes ,how about setting up maybe a swap/exchange section on boards for hunters/shooters, u know like gear u dont need like decoys,scopes,camogear,etc,with the country the way it is an money bein tight(im not belittleing anybody or out to offend anyone) just its an idea maybe the powers that be in boards could consider it maybe? would anybody else think it would work? would like to hear your opions

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Its not a bad idea, but there really is no need for anything "extra" to be done to make it happen. All a person need do is put up an advert for the item they are selling, and include in the description that they would like/accept items X, Y, Z as a swap for their item.

Example.
    Hey lads i'm selling a Sinclair Bipod.

Its the original bipod with adjustable leg height and swivel function. Attachs directly to a QD stud or comes with a Harris No.6 adaptor for any rifle with European rail. The bipod cost €150 from the states, and is in excellent condition.

Looking €90 o.n.o. OR i would take a Harris 9 - 13" swivel bipod as a straight trade. Must be in almost new condition.

Its then simply a case of looking for either an items with a similar value to the item you are selling or setting out a price you want for your item, and agreeing a price on the item you are looking for. So, using the example above) someone responds telling me they have a Deben non swivel 9-13" bipod. Its not worth as much as the Sinclair or Harris, but could be worth say €60 (only a figure, doesn't hav to be exact). So the person responding offers the Deben, + €30 for the Sinclair. Its up to the seller to accept.

The only concern i would have, from a mod point of view, would be the rule of the for sale section against "silly offers".

• .not offer a stick of rock, granny, sister, cat or any other item that you may think is funny in return for the item for sale

It may start off as a good idea, but if lads come on thinking ts funny to offer a disposable lighter for a bipod, or a camo hat for a Nightforce scope, etc. Then it leads to reported posts, rows on thread and in general a massive amount of thread spoiling.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭pheasntstalker

i see ur point,yeh did consider the bitching,rows etc,ah it was just an idea

Good enough idea, and honestly there is nothing to stop you trying it. Just there is nothing to do on the admin/mod behalf to make it work.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Or like this ?

Looking to shift a side by side Baikal cost £250 new circa 1995,will swap for Blaser R93 pro, grade 6 timber or better ,chambered in .270,must be in nearly new condition.

Any takers ?

Bumpity bump bump

• Advertisement

If there is someone out there willing to trade a Blaser R93 Pro for a Baikal i'll buy a Baikal :cool::D

Ezridax wrote: »
    If there is someone out there willing to trade a Blaser R93 Pro for a Baikal i'll buy a Baikal :cool::D

Ya couldn't afford her Ez,she's the non ejector, double trigger, mdf stock addition,only 2,000, 000 made,all in all a sexy piece a kit.

S**t.

Always the last one to the dance.:mad:

I'll keep an eye out for one. Maybe someone will take a custom FTR rig of me if i offer cash with it. Fingers crossed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Ezridax wrote: »
    Maybe someone will take a custom FTR rig of me if i offer cash with it. Fingers crossed.:D

Hey, dude, if you want rid of that custom F/TR rig of yours, I'll help you out and swap you it for a really sweet Tasco x24 scope, and I'll even throw in the scope rings and a box or two of eley sport to sweeten the deal.

Let me know if you're interested? I think we may be able to business on this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

Full stops are an idea, maybe this has come up before ,but here goes ,how about setting up a class on grammar and punctuation for Boards.ie users?

• Advertisement

Full stops are an idea, maybe this has come up before ,but here goes ,how about setting up a class on grammar and punctuation for Boards.ie users?

thatsoundslikeagreatideapmmethedetails:rolleyes:

Advertisement