Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Book Club - Book Selections for Months of August & September

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

dr gonzo wrote: »
    I didnt have much interest in the book chosen so was gonna wait for the next round. Was there even a discussion or anything for the last one? How far did it get?

You could say it never left the traps .... pity but hardly surprising.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Ah shame, i thought i recalled a second thread being spun off from here but i guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Did anyone actually read the book? I attempted to but the book was really boring. I gave up on it after about 60 or so pages and I never do that. I usually manage to struggle through but I was getting absolutely no enjoyment from reading it whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

x_Ellie_x wrote: »
    Did anyone actually read the book? I attempted to but the book was really boring. I gave up on it after about 60 or so pages and I never do that. I usually manage to struggle through but I was getting absolutely no enjoyment from reading it whatsoever.

I read it but admittedly I did find it tough going until about half way in .. after that I think I just got caught up in it and it whizzed along lively enough.
    Fantasy wouldn't be my first love though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Callan57 wrote: »
    I read it but admittedly I did find it tough going until about half way in .. after that I think I just got caught up in it and it whizzed along lively enough.
    Fantasy wouldn't be my first love though.

I was the exact same; I only really got into it when I started reading the Ill-Made Knight. I'm not into fantasy either - that's why I love bookclubs: I read books that ordinarily I wouldn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement