Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does it cost to build a house?

Options
  • 26-07-2011 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of a small 2 bedroom home. I know it's bound to be very hard to estimate when you don't know anything about the area but I'd appreciate thoughts.

I'm looking at buying houses too and would obviously also depend on how much I could acquire a site for. Some wildly celtic tigeresque prices still being quoted.

Planning application would cost how much?.

Could a small house then be built for 100k or less,any chance of 80k even?.

Are 'system built' houses still available and/or durable?.

Danke schoen

F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,048 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Stating what part of the country you are in would be useful and also if its an urban or rural development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Hi it's either suburban Limerick or rural Clare,near suburban Limerick,sites that interest me for sale in both. No asking price for the suburb in Limerick but the .6 acre site in Clare is quoted at E150,000!:)....I'm single and unlikely to have a family,who knows but I wouldn't want a big house. Does smaller necessarily equate into being cheaper to maintain?.

Danke
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

You could most certainly build a small 2 bed for 80k and you would have a queue of builders to do so.I imagine you want around 1000 square feet in size.How basic the finish would be,I dont know.
    On the other hand, I would not be paying over €100,000 for a 0.5 acre site in 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elcad

Hoping to build a 2500 sq ft bungalow in the east cork area, any ideas on building costs at the moment would be really appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

elcad wrote: »
    Hoping to build a 2500 sq ft bungalow in the east cork area, any ideas on building costs at the moment would be really appreciated.
    add two 00's , change sqft to €'s , and there's you're ball park;) best of luck on your build

• Advertisement
Advertisement