If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer VSX-920 / DacMagic Issue Now Resolved

Options
  • 26-07-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I bought the above kit from yourselves late last year and seem to have run into an issue this week that Im hoping you can solve. Cambridge Audio site advised to contact the retailer first so thats why Im here.

I have my PC connected to the DacMagic via optical digital and then have both an optical digital and analog phono cable running to the Pioneer.

For movies and TV I would switch to the input on the Pioneer allocated the optical digital input so I can avail of the surround sound and then for music I would select the CD input which the analog phono cable is connected to for stereo sound.

This had been working fine until over the weekend when I noticed no sound at all coming from the CD input. I checked all the cables and even tried a couple of different inputs but still no sound comes via the phono cable. The optical works perfectly fine for surround sound still.

On the DacMagic front panel the light indicating a signel is being received is on so Im thinking the issue is either the analog output on the DacMagic or theres some setting on the Pioneer I am missing. I have checked everything I can think of but nothing has worked so I am baffled.

Hopefully one of you can think of something wrong Im doing or anything else that could be the problem.

Cheers.

Edit: Mods please delete this. Change of cable worked. Should have tried that before posting.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bucks73 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I bought the above kit from yourselves late last year and seem to have run into an issue this week that Im hoping you can solve. Cambridge Audio site advised to contact the retailer first so thats why Im here.

I have my PC connected to the DacMagic via optical digital and then have both an optical digital and analog phono cable running to the Pioneer.

For movies and TV I would switch to the input on the Pioneer allocated the optical digital input so I can avail of the surround sound and then for music I would select the CD input which the analog phono cable is connected to for stereo sound.

This had been working fine until over the weekend when I noticed no sound at all coming from the CD input. I checked all the cables and even tried a couple of different inputs but still no sound comes via the phono cable. The optical works perfectly fine for surround sound still.

On the DacMagic front panel the light indicating a signel is being received is on so Im thinking the issue is either the analog output on the DacMagic or theres some setting on the Pioneer I am missing. I have checked everything I can think of but nothing has worked so I am baffled.

Hopefully one of you can think of something wrong Im doing or anything else that could be the problem.

Cheers.

Edit: Mods please delete this. Change of cable worked. Should have tried that before posting.

PHEW,

Thanks,

JMc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

This discussion has been closed.