Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy (including discount codes) & other links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

masonchat wrote: »
    dont know about that grindle, i am waiting for 2 orders to even be shipped from there orders placed 10 days ago ) - (

...and the items were ready to ship immediately and you paid for speedpost?

Worth noting that they only got back to work on the 5th of Feb after the Chinese New Year - you can't expect them to send stuff when the building is empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yeah true, everything is jammers there at the mo due to the New Year.
    Even if you order now, the backlog takes precedent over new orders.
    That said, sometimes it's worth the wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

chinese taking holidays whatever next : - ) ,

i didnt know about or see the option for speedpost though.

How much is that normally?

i didnt know about or see the option for speedpost though.

How much is that normally?
    Shipping for:
    1 Nemesis = $22
    10 Nemesis' = $34
    100 Nemesis' = $100

Depends what your order comes to but the price of one Nemesis with speed shipping is worth it in itself...but as you're at it you may as well buy two and a rake of atties.
    "I'm saving money on shipping."
    GF uses this logic all the time, it must be valid.

• Advertisement

im trying my best to resist shinyitis lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

grindle wrote: »
    Shipping for:
    1 Nemesis = $22
    10 Nemesis' = $34
    100 Nemesis' = $100

Depends what your order comes to but the price of one Nemesis clone with speed shipping is possibly worth it in itself.

FYP

Mmm, I do forget that clone word, thanks for the catch.
    I've seen some complain about a bad batch from FT but those are at a lower price now so people should obviously pick the higher-priced of the two. I would've paid twice the price for mine (I've paid twice the price for much worse in the past).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Just bought kayfun lite and Taifun GT clones from FT for about €25. Never ceases to amaze me how cheap stuff is on there. 14 days for delivery apparently, if I have it by the end of the month I'd be happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

My order with Fasttech, placed on 31/12/03, has yet to be delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

MHP wrote: »
    2003! Wow you must be really p1ssed off :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

rickyjb wrote: »
    Just bought kayfun lite and Taifun GT clones from FT for about €25. Never ceases to amaze me how cheap stuff is on there. 14 days for delivery apparently, if I have it by the end of the month I'd be happy enough.

Scheduled shipping date for GT is 25th, hopefully it will ship before that.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    2003! Wow you must be really p1ssed off :-)

Oops. Should have been 13.

MHP wrote: »

And there wasn't an item on the list that had to wait for shipment?

There was. A Kanger T3S that went out of stock after I had ordered it. That item was cancelled on 20/1/14 and the rest of the order shipped on the same day. So they said.

I donyt get why this is considered ok , are the items being hand crafted by blind monks or what .

my orders waiting to be packaged last 2 days useless.

I can understand people being ok with the wait if they can save serious money on things like mods and stuff, but i certainly wont be using again for juices and the like not worth it

Should be done by trading standards , fasttech me hole should be changed to slowtech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Should be done by trading standards , fasttech me hole should be changed to slowtech

Do they have trading standards in China? Pretty sure I would'nt be getting a Kayfun and a Nemesis for €30 if they did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

If you're at a stage in your vaping life where you are ordering from Fasttech then you know the delivery times are slow.
    You save a packet and get decent quality gear.

Like the old saying goes:

Fast / Cheap / Good

Pick 2 of the above.

I donyt get why this is considered ok , are the items being hand crafted by blind monks or what .

my orders waiting to be packaged last 2 days useless.
    Shops have to receive products as well, they don't just materialise when you order. If somebody wants their package sent soon they shouldn't have a product in the cart that says "ships in 10 days" for obvious reasons. I don't get why that's not okay.
    If a shop sells out of a product but knows it'll be in in a few days and tells you that and you still buy it expecting it to be sent that day...for all their faults this isn't Fasttech's problem.
    And ordering after a two week holiday is going to be slow as well. They'll have received thousands of orders in that time. Backlog city.

• Advertisement

I know all that gridle but would a better run company not prepare better stock wise for such times of the year ? i have no probs waiting untill stated ship date for items (do think such long delays prior to shipping) are avoidable though, in my case stated ship dates came and went, and then appently it takes days to package them also .

The slow boat from china will be slow enough without a 3 week wait to get a package out the door , its not personalised weapons were ordering at all lol

WOOOHOOO after 2 days waiting to be packaged we have moved to oackaging , someone please tell me is there a waiting to be be stamped and a stamping stage as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

WOOOHOOO after 2 days waiting to be packaged we have moved to oackaging , someone please tell me is there a waiting to be be stamped and a stamping stage as well ?

I was having the same issue with an order placed on the 06th, got this response this morning to a query I put in their forum about my order.
    Deank, sorry for the shipping delay of your order. The items your ordered are in stock. The delay was due to the fact that FastTech's warehouse went into an annual warehouse maintenance process on Monday, where the packaging process was put on halt. Unfortunately, the process did not finish quickly as planned and it dragged onward throughout 11th Feb. The result was that many orders did not receive timely stock updates and thus went into restocking status.

Your order is being packaged now and shall be shipped out soon. Thank you.

SO they shut down for 2 weeks for cny then they figure when they come back from 2 weeks of holidays with orders up to the ceiling, that this would be a good time to do an annual warehouse maintenance process , CRAZY

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

SO they shut down for 2 weeks for cny then they figure when they come back from 2 weeks of holidays with orders up to the ceiling, that this would be a good time to do an annual warehouse maintenance process , CRAZY

their forum is full of people saying similar, madness tbh.

Hi guys what would i need to get with this mod ? http://www.fasttech.com/reviews/1448300/p/3 does it take a kick , should i get magnets and am i better off to buy batteries in this country ?

This would be my first mod so any help advise would be much appreciated thanks

what would i need to get with this mod?
    A nice atty or two, charger, batteries.
    does it take a kick?
    It does take a Kick but the Kick clones may have to have their sides filed down by a half-mm to fit into it (5 minute job).
    should i get magnets?
    Maybe get magnets if you want a smoother action but I haven't seen a need yet. Some seem to get strong (non-FT) magnets so they can rest their mod down without locking it but I think that's retarded simply because it's still a potential hazard - always lock it if you're standing it upright. It's the easiest locking ring in the world to flick. I'm pretty lazy but not even that lazy.
    There's a useless small spring inside the button that should be taken out (keep the larger spring in there if not using magnets), seems to be the cause of button crunchiness for a lot of people.
    am i better off to buy batteries in this country?
    Yes, buy the VTC3s from vaporium.eu if going for 18650s. Fantastic batteries.
    AW IMRs for the 18350s or 18500s.

Thanks Very much for that detailed reply grindle, looking forward to this , not in a rush for it as only got ego 2 weeks ago but i said what the hell couldnt resist : - )

Figure ill keep the ego for home/spare use

what do ya think of this tank grindle, http://www.fasttech.com/products/1451809 i ordered the ss/brass nem clone so looks wise at least should be sweet ?

i love the Kayfun Lite Styled but the fact coils arent replaceable puts me off as not up to rebuilding yet , can you suggest any good tanks for the nem ?

I have some apsire et s bdc's which i like with my twists but cant imagine them being so nice on the nem : - (

• Advertisement

what do ya think of this tank grindle, http://www.fasttech.com/products/1451809 i ordered the ss/brass nem clone so looks wise at least should be sweet ?

i love the Kayfun Lite Styled but the fact coils arent replaceable puts me off as not up to rebuilding yet , can you suggest any good tanks for the nem ?

I have some apsire et s bdc's which i like with my twists but cant imagine them being so nice on the nem : - (

It will look great - the only reason I bought the brass one was to have the accents, although it has to be said - the brass-only is ridiculously conductive - batteries that were beginning to feel "meh" with SS-only would last another few hours in the brass-only.

If you're into carto tanks and the like I'm not sure what's out there nowadays - the AGR is a little bit slimmer than the Nemesis but still looks okay, but there might be other options that'd look more flushed.
    The X8 on FT is 21mm. Close enough to be barely noticeable.

There's a clearo called the RG500 that takes ProTank/eVod coils.

Buy the Kayfun-style yoke if it's getting good reviews either way - it'll save another long wait that you'll kick yourself for if you end up going that way. And you should go that way, because it's much easier than you think.
    I've said this before but it deserves a repeat - if you can wrap string around a pen a certain number of times, you're able to recoil an atomiser. If you can slide a little fluff of cotton through a 1-2mm hole, you're able to place a wick in that coil.
    I'm one of the laziest pricks in the world - if I can learn to do it, anyone (with full use of appendages and not profoundly retarded) can.
    The only niggly part of RTAs/tank systems is the trial-by-error learning of how to not get a dry hit or flood the chamber (too much wick. Too little?).
    RDA's are much easier to get fantastic results with. If you flood the chamber it's because you dripped too many drops, if you have a dry hit you need to drip again - possibly rewick if using cotton, that depends on how long the drag was and how dry the wick was. I can hear the wick get less saturated while vaping and stop before it gets burnt. Might take a couple of dry hits to learn what that sounds like.

Advertisement