Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy (including discount codes) & other links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Had a look at the istick on YouTube . Just wondering what's the difference if you set it at 10w or 30w ?? More vape the higher it's set is it? And also what's the voltage about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Had a look at the istick on YouTube . Just wondering what's the difference if you set it at 10w or 30w ?? More vape the higher it's set is it? And also what's the voltage about

If you're using it at 30w with an atty that uses thinner wire (like a last-gen clearo or carto) it'll taste burnt, if you use it with an atty that uses thicker wire (e.g. one of the sub-ohm tanks like the Atlantis or Subtank, or an RDA or RTA) it'll produce more everything (apart from heat - if you have good airflow it doesn't get hotter).

The voltage is what is changed by the device to make sure the preferred wattage is reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Not meaning to sound like a d!ck, but if you are asking questions like that I would strongly suggest you google ohms law and it's relationship with vaping. There is a plethora of videos on YouTube that explain ohms law and also many reviews for these products.
    Just some advise, but from my experience it will save you from making mistakes when making choices with regards to hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Not meaning to sound like a d!ck, but if you are asking questions like that I would strongly suggest you google ohms law and it's relationship with vaping. There is a plethora of videos on YouTube that explain ohms law and also many reviews for these products.
    Just some advise, but from my experience it will save you from making mistakes when making choices with regards to hardware.

Without sounding like a dick either, but some people (like me) no matter how many videos they watch on the subject they cant get it.

We newbies come here looking for advice and help from peers, if you cant help thats cool....but your right there are videos out there, i know ive watched loads....im sure however you or someone else here could explain it to us in a way we could understand easier.

"Suggestions" like that push people away from asking what them might feel is a "stupid" question, and may make them stop posting here in the future. Please be constructive, or dont comment. Thanks

(holy **** LIKE not lick)

Fair enough, I'll get my coat, although I feel you have misinterpreted the tone of my post.

• Advertisement

It's all new to me, I have watched videos but I don't have a clue what they do be talking about. I just want a very good ecig with no hassle involved. I just wana fill it with juice and vape away so I assume the istick isn't for me :(

Fair enough, I'll get my coat, although I feel you have misinterpreted the tone of my post.

Sorry if you felt i misinterpreted it, and after reading it again, i think i may have. Apologies, however my point still stands that its very difficult to understand alot about vaping and its hard to get info (for beginners and in layman's terms) How did all you guys end up understanding it all so well?

If you have found good simple videos for beginners please post em!

Again apologies for coming across as harsh as I did, wasnt intentional!

It's all new to me, I have watched videos but I don't have a clue what they do be talking about. I just want a very good ecig with no hassle involved. I just wana fill it with juice and vape away so I assume the istick isn't for me :(

This is what i mean....I have been advised to get the istick 30w everyone seems to use it or something similar. I will be getting it eventually! But why the 30 w why not the 20 w etc....as far as im aware they are safe and work well with almost any tank etc, the setup i want is what everyone uses.

Having my heart set on a kanger subtank mini (to have the option of getting into rdas down the road) i need a battery to power it and the istick is what everyone says i should use, therefore i will!

dont not get one just research (what here is for imo) which one is more suited to your needs!

This is what i mean....I have been advised to get the istick 30w everyone seems to use it or something similar. I will be getting it eventually! But why the 30 w why not the 20 w etc....as far as im aware they are safe and work well with almost any tank etc, the setup i want is what everyone uses.

Having my heart set on a kanger subtank mini (to have the option of getting into rdas down the road) i need a battery to power it and the istick is what everyone says i should use, therefore i will!

dont not get one just research (what here is for imo) which one is more suited to your needs!

That's what I'm thinking aswel why not some 20w. I need to do some research, I really want an upgrade but I want to get the perfect one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

The 30w istick is the ideal starter device. It also future proofs you if you end moving away from basic tanks to sub ohm/rebuildable tanks in time.

To start off buy a Mini Nautilus tank. You wont ever need the full 30watts with that tank, its best between 10-12.5 watts.

Theres no need to overthink anything beyond that...Just buy some ejuice and you're all set. The rest will come to you in time. I hadn't a clue 14 months ago.

*oops sort of replied to the wrong person, you get the idea though!!!

• Advertisement

Trond wrote: »
    The 30w istick is the ideal starter device. It also future proofs you if you end moving away from basic tanks to sub ohm/rebuildable tanks in time.

To start off buy a Mini Nautilus tank. You wont ever need the full 30watts with that tank, its best between 10-12.5 watts.

Theres no need to overthink anything beyond that...Just buy some ejuice and you're all set. The rest will come to you in time. I hadn't a clue 14 months ago.

But if it only needs 12 watts why not but a 12w bat?? Also I don't have a clue what ohm is :O

ok a brief history on isticks, the 20w came out, it shook the market and everyone and their dog had at least one. i had 4 of them. they were perfect for a while. 2200 milliamp hours (mah) battery, really small construction and 20 watts of power. they had 2 main flaws and both of them were around the 510 connection (where your atty screws on) 1. the threads were made of a soft metal which got worn down each time you screwed a atty on. 2. the pin in the center was fixed. meaning if you screwed an atty on that had a 510 pin longer than the recess, you would either get a gap between mod and atty or you would start forcing the connection of the istick down. after enough forcing the connection would be pushed in too far to make connection with atomizers that had slightly shorter pin.
    then the mini came out. not much to say on this one. it is just a smaller, lower powered 20w (10w)
    then the 30w came out. still has a 2200mah battery and is much the same size as the 20w but they made some changes. They made the the 510 threads out of stainless steel and put in a floating 510. which means it has a spring to adjust to the length of the connection on your atomizer. they also made it capable of working with lower resistance coils ((sub ohm) 0.4ohm) which meant it would work with the new 1st gen subohm tanks.
    This is why it is recommended over the 20w
    then the 50w came out with bigger size, larger battery (4400mah), it also works with coils with resistance of more than 0.2ohm.

But if it only needs 12 watts why not but a 12w bat?? Also I don't have a clue what ohm is :O

this time i am not being a d!ck, but, you really have to use google.

The coils that go into all tanks are rated by ohms. The higher the ohm rating the less power is needed.

Rebuildable/sub ohm tanks use coils that basically need more power. If you want to try out tanks like that in future the istick covers both options.

this time i am not being a d!ck, but, you really have to use google.

Ya I know. Il give it a go tomorrow :)

Trond wrote: »
    The coils that go into all tanks are rated by ohms. The higher the ohm rating the less power is needed.

Rebuildable/sub ohm tanks use coils that basically need more power. If you want to try out tanks like that in future the istick covers both options.

Ya I get ya now. Think il just buy one soon and start learning about all this stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

A better option would be to learn first, then buy something that would suit your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The battery will last longer than your atomiser, so whilst you might only use 12w with a nautilus, you might use 25w if you change to a sub tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Here is a Dublin guy on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eesxZqHYhQk
    The videos are 18 months old,it seems more like 10 years to me,certain things have improved since then but he will explain better than I would,when you open the link below,scroll down to all his 12 videos & watch them.
    Vaping Basics Series of Videos

No need to watch two videos about Carto's,they are Old Hat now,but still interesting to know what most of us used at that time,newbies like yourself are very lucky to have all the new up to date hardware & juice that is on the market now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

rottie 11 wrote:
    Ya I get ya now. Think il just buy one soon and start learning about all this stuff

My tuppence worth,get yourself a vision spinner 2 battery,put a Kanger mini protank on it and some juice and your ready to vape. Then do some serious research online on the different setups available. P Busardo does excellent you tube stuff but be prepared as his videos are long,detailed and very good. Lots of information on reddit and ecigarette forum also. And of course the guys and girls here are always on hand to answer any questions you may have.
    If you start off with a basic setup,do your research and work your way up then you shouldn't have any problems.

• Advertisement

Dr Bill wrote: »
    My tuppence worth,get yourself a vision spinner 2 battery,put a Kanger mini protank on it and some juice and your ready to vape. Then do some serious research online on the different setups available. P Busardo does excellent you tube stuff but be prepared as his videos are long,detailed and very good. Lots of information on reddit and ecigarette forum also. And of course the guys and girls here are always on hand to answer any questions you may have.
    If you start off with a basic setup,do your research and work your way up then you shouldn't have any problems.

:D:D:D:D:D:D With all the medication I take,I spend hours in the Jacks,so I have 8 Spinners with protanks & T3s permanently waiting for me in there:D:D

With all the medication I take,I spend hours in the Jacks,so I have 8 Spinners with protanks & T3s permanently waiting for me in there

What better way to get some quality "me" time,in the jacks having a vape,it used to be in the jacks having a read,how times change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Vooping ..... it's the in thing now :P

Vooping ..... it's the in thing now

Lol....love it.

vooping-500x500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Rottie - please do NOT go out and buy sun-ohm gear before you know how to safely use it.

It's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Tbh, you'd be as well getting a 30w istick and a mini nautilus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I learned about Vaping by reading this forum, watching youtube videos and asking the odd pertinent question.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I learned about Vaping by reading this forum, watching youtube videos and asking the odd pertinent question.

Only way to go,and trial and error.
    It's a learning curve for everyone and ones experience can only be determined by whats available today because tomorrow something new is available that we all want to try:rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Good one & Tronds picture speaks louder than words:D:D
    Raspberries all round:D

• Advertisement

Im deadly serious.....I want that on a tshirt.....

Advertisement