Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy (including discount codes) & other links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Im deadly serious.....I want that on a tshirt.....

:D

image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Rottie - please do NOT go out and buy sun-ohm gear before you know how to safely use it.

It's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Tbh, you'd be as well getting a 30w istick and a mini nautilus.

I don't really think it is dangerous, either they'll work or they'll give you a check atomiser message.

What would be dangerous is using a mech mod without knowing what you're doing but any decent box mod should be safe enough.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Please be constructive, or dont comment. Thanks

Please pm a mod if you have a problem with a post. Do not tell people how they should post. One of these days I will quit and you can nominate yourself as mod of this forum but until then don't practice for the job here. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Dr Bill wrote: »
    My tuppence worth,get yourself a vision spinner 2 battery,put a Kanger mini protank on it and some juice and your ready to vape. Then do some serious research online on the different setups available. P Busardo does excellent you tube stuff but be prepared as his videos are long,detailed and very good. Lots of information on reddit and ecigarette forum also. And of course the guys and girls here are always on hand to answer any questions you may have.
    If you start off with a basic setup,do your research and work your way up then you shouldn't have any problems.

I have upgraded from a ce4 to a kanger protank mini and didn't like the protank because it was hard to open. Now I'm using a aspire maxi and really want a whole new setup. I don't think want to be upgrading all the time so I'm gonna go for the best of the best. What tank should I get if I get the istick 30w

Rottie - please do NOT go out and buy sun-ohm gear before you know how to safely use it.

It's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Tbh, you'd be as well getting a 30w istick and a mini nautilus.

Thanks but how is it dangerous ?

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    I don't really think it is dangerous, either they'll work or they'll give you a check atomiser message.

What would be dangerous is using a mech mod without knowing what you're doing but any decent box mod should be safe enough.

The more I read threw this thread the more confused I'm getting. Lol What do you mean by a mod ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

rottie 11 wrote: »
    The more I read threw this thread the more confused I'm getting. Lol What do you mean by a mod ?

We call all battery devices a Mod,it's easier to say than PV (personal vaporizer) a mod is vaping slang,a mech mod means mechanical mod,which has no wires to run it (no safety),a semi mech mod has one earth wire or maybe a wire from the fire button(no safety),a regulated mod has a chip installed & controls the power of the battery(fully safe to use).

I have posted a video of a Kangertech Subox MiNi Black and White edition,this would be ideal for you,has everything you need,the mod is 50w & the tank has a .5 ohm coil & a 1.5 ohm coil,the air flow will suit mouth to lung hits & lung hits.
    here is the link to the video I posted,but check a few videos out,I do love it myself.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95667082#post95667082

It is new out & maybe a pre-order,I haven't searched for it yet,it is 80 bucks in the States for the complete package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

rottie 11 wrote:
    I have upgraded from a ce4 to a kanger protank mini and didn't like the protank because it was hard to open. Now I'm using a aspire maxi and really want a whole new setup. I don't think want to be upgrading all the time so I'm gonna go for the best of the best. What tank should I get if I get the istick 30w

Aspire nautilus mini goes well with the istick and is a good starting point. Should last you till your ready to move on and experiment with all that's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Rottie me aul pal. There's no such thing as one size fits all when it comes to vaping.
    All we can do is make suggestions.
    Fwiw I'd suggest a Cloupor Miini as your first vv / vw mod, but that's purely because I like the idea of removable batteries. I, for no reason I can explain rationally don't like the idea of charging my mod. (For definition of the phrase mod see previous posts).
    Honestly, it's not easy figuring it all out but - to quote our beloved Mr Keane - "at the end of the day" - you'll eventually have to decide for yourself and if you get it wrong - try again until you find what works for u.
    I'm nearly 18 months vaping now but I can guarantee you that not everyone here or on the various facebook groups would agree with how I got here. Bottom line though, is that I have.
    All we can do is take all the advice and support offered, but to quote our assistant manager once more (allegedly) "At the end of the day" you have to do what's right for you.

We call all battery devices a Mod,it's easier to say than PV (personal vaporizer) a mod is vaping slang,a mech mod means mechanical mod,which has no wires to run it (no safety),a semi mech mod has one earth wire or maybe a wire from the fire button(no safety),a regulated mod has a chip installed & controls the power of the battery(fully safe to use).

I have posted a video of a Kangertech Subox MiNi Black and White edition,this would be ideal for you,has everything you need,the mod is 50w & the tank has a .5 ohm coil & a 1.5 ohm coil,the air flow will suit mouth to lung hits & lung hits.
    here is the link to the video I posted,but check a few videos out,I do love it myself.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95667082#post95667082

It is new out & maybe a pre-order,I haven't searched for it yet,it is 80 bucks in the States for the complete package.

Thanks that looks nice actually. So if u use a 0.5 coil or a 1.5 coil you have to change the voltage depending on which one your using ??

• Advertisement

Aspire nautilus mini goes well with the istick and is a good starting point. Should last you till your ready to move on and experiment with all that's out there.

Why the mini tho , would the big one not fit ?

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Rottie me aul pal. There's no such thing as one size fits all when it comes to vaping.
    All we can do is make suggestions.
    Fwiw I'd suggest a Cloupor Miini as your first vv / vw mod, but that's purely because I like the idea of removable batteries. I, for no reason I can explain rationally don't like the idea of charging my mod. (For definition of the phrase mod see previous posts).
    Honestly, it's not easy figuring it all out but - to quote our beloved Mr Keane - "at the end of the day" - you'll eventually have to decide for yourself and if you get it wrong - try again until you find what works for u.
    I'm nearly 18 months vaping now but I can guarantee you that not everyone here or on the various facebook groups would agree with how I got here. Bottom line though, is that I have.
    All we can do is take all the advice and support offered, but to quote our assistant manager once more (allegedly) "At the end of the day" you have to do what's right for you.

Lol I know I'm gonna have to decide myself and I will once I get some more suggestions :)

Why the mini tho , would the big one not fit ?

Either will work well on the istick.:)

Either will work well on the istick.:)

Ok one last question. Will either of them fit my ego bat, I can't afford to buy that and the istick this week so if I bought the nautilus can I use it on the ego until I get the istick next week no ?

Thanks that looks nice actually. So if u use a 0.5 coil or a 1.5 coil you have to change the voltage depending on which one your using ??

I just typed a very long reply & the frigging internet shut down:mad::mad:

Yes to your answer,the video below shows a .5 coil set at 40w,a 1.5 coil will run between 10w & 20w,it's a trial & error situation because different types of juice will determine what wattage you use as well,you just have to find your sweet spot,also,you don't want a burnt taste,turn your wattage down if that happens.All this info applies to most setups,except for temperature control mods,but that is another story:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVo9w9nIYxg

I just typed a very long reply & the frigging internet shut down:mad::mad:

Yes to your answer,the video below shows a .5 coil set at 40w,a 1.5 coil will run between 10w & 20w,it's a trial & error situation because different types of juice will determine what wattage you use as well,you just have to find your sweet spot,also,you don't want a burnt taste,turn your wattage down if that happens.All this info applies to most setups,except for temperature control mods,but that is another story:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVo9w9nIYxg

I'm starting to understand it a tiny bit now. Surely there will be instructions anyway saying what it should be set to when using certain coils and certain juice like in that video

I'm starting to understand it a tiny bit now. Surely there will be instructions anyway saying what it should be set to when using certain coils and certain juice like in that video

I this package it tells you that a .5 will run between 15w & 50w & the 1.5 will be 10w to 26w,got an email today with all the spec.....

Hi There,
    Here comes Newest Kanger Subox Mini Kit with competitive price,and hope you can review, evaluate and preorder now :

Kanger Subox Mini Kit Specification:
    1): Quqeous Creamic Coated Subtank Mini (4.5ml)
    2): Kbox Mini, Output Wattage: 5W-50W (Support 0.3ohm)
    3): 510 Drip tip(Delrin Material)
    4): Improved RBA ,Work in higher Wattage
    5): Resistance: 0.5ohm(15W-60W),1.5ohm(10W-26W)
    6): Color: Black, White

Kanger Subox Mini Packing List:

1× KBOX Mini
    1 x Mini RBA Base
    1× Subtank Mini
    1 x Organic Cotton
    1× OCC SUB Ohm 0.5ohm(15W-60W)
    1 x Screw Driver
    1× OCC 1.5ohm(10W-26W)
    2 X Screws
    2 x RBA Coil 0.5ohm
    3 x Beauty Ring
    1 x USB cable
    1 x Manual

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f4%5f65354%5fAMFhUtQAADMaVWeFqwAyyLB5sN8&m=YaDownload&pid=3&fid=Trash&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

Ok one last question. Will either of them fit my ego bat, I can't afford to buy that and the istick this week so if I bought the nautilus can I use it on the ego until I get the istick next week no ?

Yes it will work as long as your ego has a 510 connection,put the beauty ring on the battery before you put the tank on it,makes it look more streamlined and the mini is probably the best bet for your ego as its smaller than the standard nautilus.Also make sure your coils for the Nautilus are above 1.7 ohm as your battery probably isn't powerful enough to power anything below that.

I this package it tells you that a .5 will run between 15w & 50w & the 1.5 will be 10w to 26w,got an email today with all the spec.....

Hi There,
    Here comes Newest Kanger Subox Mini Kit with competitive price,and hope you can review, evaluate and preorder now :

Kanger Subox Mini Kit Specification:
    1): Quqeous Creamic Coated Subtank Mini (4.5ml)
    2): Kbox Mini, Output Wattage: 5W-50W (Support 0.3ohm)
    3): 510 Drip tip(Delrin Material)
    4): Improved RBA ,Work in higher Wattage
    5): Resistance: 0.5ohm(15W-60W),1.5ohm(10W-26W)
    6): Color: Black, White

Kanger Subox Mini Packing List:

1× KBOX Mini
    1 x Mini RBA Base
    1× Subtank Mini
    1 x Organic Cotton
    1× OCC SUB Ohm 0.5ohm(15W-60W)
    1 x Screw Driver
    1× OCC 1.5ohm(10W-26W)
    2 X Screws
    2 x RBA Coil 0.5ohm
    3 x Beauty Ring
    1 x USB cable
    1 x Manual

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f4%5f65354%5fAMFhUtQAADMaVWeFqwAyyLB5sN8&m=YaDownload&pid=3&fid=Trash&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh,black and red looks good. About 80 dollars in the US wonder what will it be on this side?

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh,black and red looks good. About 80 dollars in the US wonder what will it be on this side?

The last video I put up,says it is 60 Dollars to buy,I must check UK Ecig for a price,they have just put it up on a YT video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuhWnchc2aM

• Advertisement

Yes it will work as long as your ego has a 510 connection,put the beauty ring on the battery before you put the tank on it,makes it look more streamlined and the mini is probably the best bet for your ego as its smaller than the standard nautilus.Also make sure your coils for the Nautilus are above 1.7 ohm as your battery probably isn't powerful enough to power anything below that.

I'm just going to wait until I have the cash for the whole lot tbh. Il get the istick and nautilus then. So I can use any ohm coil once I have the istick? Which would be best

The last video I put up,says it is 60 Dollars to buy,I must check UK Ecig for a price,they have just put it up on a YT video.

56.99 dollars from our good friends in Gearbest,Allan,any discount codes yet??:D:D:D

I'm just going to wait until I have the cash for the whole lot tbh. Il get the istick and nautilus then. So I can use any ohm coil once I have the istick? Which would be best

I would say your right to wait and get the istick/Nautilus as your ego just won't have sufficient power and you'll be constantly looking for a charger. Experiment with your setup when you get it,start at low watts 8/10 and move it up gradually till you get a vape/throat hit that your enjoying (sweet spot).If it tastes too hot or burnt then you've gone too high and reduce your watts gradually. Set your istick to variable wattage,it's easier to hit the right spot at this setting. Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.:)

I would say your right to wait and get the istick/Nautilus as your ego just won't have sufficient power and you'll be constantly looking for a charger. Experiment with your setup when you get it,start at low watts 8/10 and move it up gradually till you get a vape/throat hit that your enjoying (sweet spot).If it tastes too hot or burnt then you've gone too high and reduce your watts gradually. Set your istick to variable wattage,it's easier to hit the right spot at this setting. Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.:)

Thanks looking forward to experimenting now☺

56.99 dollars from our good friends in Gearbest,Allan,any discount codes yet??:D:D:D

There's also credit in my Gearbest account from the Subtanks,1-32 dollars,happy days again.:cool::cool:

Ditto on that one...

Come on Al,please give us a code:D

There's also credit in my Gearbest account from the Subtanks,1-32 dollars,happy days again.:cool::cool:

My subtank refund went straight back into my bank,I spent it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Yes.
    Generally you would be well served getting the 1.5ohm coils to start with.
    That allows you to vape at a range of 6w to around 12w without burning out the coil quickly.
    When you get the .5ohm coils you can use much more wattage to generate more heat/more vapour.

I know you've been told to google ohms law, watts, volts and all that.
    I'll try to give you the idiots version! I'm assuming here you know nothing at all so I mean no offence in explaining in basic terms.

Ohms.
    Ohms are the electrical units of measuring the resistance of a wire.
    Resistance is how much effort it takes for electrical current to pass through the wire. Low resistance means the current can run easily, high resistance means the current has to fight its way through.

Volts and Watts.
    Volts and Watts are basically the electical units for measuring the force/effort (in Volts) or if you prefer Power (in Watts) required to make the current flow through the wire, the more Volts or Watts you use the more electrical current will flow. The more of this current (measured in Amps) you force through the wire the more heat you will generate. While they are related, Volts and Watts are not the same thing but for the purpose of getting a basic understanding you may think of them as doing the same thing.

Think of it like water running through a pipe, in fact I like this wee page here:
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/energy/question501.htm

What is very important to remember though in Vaping is batteries and battery safety.
    You read about people buying sub ohm coils (i.e. a coil that has less than 1ohm resistance) and then they are pushing big currents though these coils because they are using very high Watts to push this current, to generate more heat, more quickly and get more vapour. Batteries have ratings, current ratings.
    Some are rated at 10Amps, some are rated at 25A, 35A and so on.
    You do not want to come close to or exceed the ammount of current on these ratings, thats when things get very hot inside a battery and that means a risk of failure, i.e. fire!
    Ohms Law is a very simple little equation that will allow you to quickly calculate the Amps you are going to be drawing from a battery.
    There are only three parts to it, Volts (or Watts), Amps and Resistance.
    Just to confuse you and countless students worldwide, V is for Voltage, I is for current (in Amps), P is for power (in Watts), and R is for resistance (in Ohms).
    V=IxR and if you want to use Watts instead of Volts its P=I2xR (that little 2 means squared, as in (something multiplied by itself, 2x2=4 etc, I couldn't figure out how to put the little 2 up higher than shown here sorry, it should be written like the little 2 is sitting up on the shoulder of the other number)

Ohms Law as in the wee equations above are easily rearranged for what you need to find out.
    You need to have any two pieces of the puzzle to find the third one.
    for example if V=IxR, then R=V/I and I=V/R. (/ means divided by).
    Isn't electrickery fun?!!!

My subtank refund went straight back into my bank,I spent it :(

Just looking at Gearbest and that SX Mini looks the business at 47 dollars,jeez when will the desire for new mods end????:rolleyes::rolleyes::roll eyes:Spoilt for choice.

• Advertisement

Just looking at Gearbest and that SX Mini looks the business at 47 dollars,jeez when will the desire for new mods end????:rolleyes::rolleyes::roll eyes:Spoilt for choice.

It's the M Class SX with temp control I am waiting for.

Advertisement