Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy (including discount codes) & other links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Vooping ..... it's the in thing now :P

Vooperman...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Didihno wrote: »
    Yes.
    Generally you would be well served getting the 1.5ohm coils to start with.
    That allows you to vape at a range of 6w to around 12w without burning out the coil quickly.
    When you get the .5ohm coils you can use much more wattage to generate more heat/more vapour.

I know you've been told to google ohms law, watts, volts and all that.
    I'll try to give you the idiots version! I'm assuming here you know nothing at all so I mean no offence in explaining in basic terms.

Ohms.
    Ohms are the electrical units of measuring the resistance of a wire.
    Resistance is how much effort it takes for electrical current to pass through the wire. Low resistance means the current can run easily, high resistance means the current has to fight its way through.

Volts and Watts.
    Volts and Watts are basically the electical units for measuring the force/effort (in Volts) or if you prefer Power (in Watts) required to make the current flow through the wire, the more Volts or Watts you use the more electrical current will flow. The more of this current (measured in Amps) you force through the wire the more heat you will generate. While they are related, Volts and Watts are not the same thing but for the purpose of getting a basic understanding you may think of them as doing the same thing.

Think of it like water running through a pipe, in fact I like this wee page here:
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/energy/question501.htm

What is very important to remember though in Vaping is batteries and battery safety.
    You read about people buying sub ohm coils (i.e. a coil that has less than 1ohm resistance) and then they are pushing big currents though these coils because they are using very high Watts to push this current, to generate more heat, more quickly and get more vapour. Batteries have ratings, current ratings.
    Some are rated at 10Amps, some are rated at 25A, 35A and so on.
    You do not want to come close to or exceed the ammount of current on these ratings, thats when things get very hot inside a battery and that means a risk of failure, i.e. fire!
    Ohms Law is a very simple little equation that will allow you to quickly calculate the Amps you are going to be drawing from a battery.
    There are only three parts to it, Volts (or Watts), Amps and Resistance.
    Just to confuse you and countless students worldwide, V is for Voltage, I is for current (in Amps), P is for power (in Watts), and R is for resistance (in Ohms).
    V=IxR and if you want to use Watts instead of Volts its P=I2xR (that little 2 means squared, as in (something multiplied by itself, 2x2=4 etc, I couldn't figure out how to put the little 2 up higher than shown here sorry, it should be written like the little 2 is sitting up on the shoulder of the other number)

Ohms Law as in the wee equations above are easily rearranged for what you need to find out.
    You need to have any two pieces of the puzzle to find the third one.
    for example if V=IxR, then R=V/I and I=V/R. (/ means divided by).
    Isn't electrickery fun?!!!

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'm starting to pick it up a bit more. When I get the new set up il just set it the way it should be and leave it at that :)

Where is the cheapest place to buy the istick and nautilus? Seems to be working out at 77e everywhere I check. Is that the going rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

It's the M Class SX with temp control I am waiting for.
    Reading the questions and answers on that M Class advert, Gearbest answered 'is it a clone' with 'no its authentic'
    Hornswaggle and pishposh if you ask me.
    $47 = clone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to buy the istick and nautilus? Seems to be working out at 77e everywhere I check. Is that the going rate?

€60.75 for istick30w and nautilus mini or standard nautilus off thebestshop,use code irishvape at checkout for 10% off.
    Get yourself a couple of spare coils also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Reading the questions and answers on that M Class advert, Gearbest answered 'is it a clone' with 'no its authentic'
    Hornswaggle and pishposh if you ask me.
    $47 = clone.

Apparently,the only way of telling whether it's a clone or authentic is the shape of the box it comes in,this is crazy,best to buy the cheapest & accept it as a clone imo.

Dr Bill wrote: »
    €60.75 for istick30w and nautilus mini or standard nautilus off thebestshop,use code irishvape at checkout for 10% off.
    Get yourself a couple of spare coils also.

Just seen that there. Il get a couple of coils, 1.6 or 1.8? What's the most popular?

Just seen that there. Il get a couple of coils, 1.6 or 1.8? What's the most popular?

Go with the 1.6

Dr Bill wrote: »
    Go with the 1.6

Thanks for the help. Going ordering now :)

Apparently,the only way of telling whether it's a clone or authentic is the shape of the box it comes in,this is crazy,best to buy the cheapest & accept it as a clone imo.
    Well, in the description they say it is an SX350 mini 'style' which is the term for clone.
    The fact they claim is a genuine product makes me think I'll not buy from them. Their sister company FT never lie so blatantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Well, in the description they say it is an SX350 mini 'style' which is the term for clone.
    The fact they claim is a genuine product makes me think I'll not buy from them. Their sister company FT never lie so blatantly.

I didn't realise they were sister sites, or did you just mean counterparts? Sorry for possibly silly/patronising question.

I didn't realise they were sister sites, or did you just mean counterparts? Sorry for possibly silly/patronising question.
    As far as I know (I read it somewhere online so may be true or not) they are owned by the same company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

has anyone used alibaba for their stuff? ie has anyone put a group order in before? is it something the forum would like/want?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

After reading some of this thread & watching youtube vids, I've decided to upgrade from a standard starter pack to something a bit better. I've decided on the istick 30w.

Not sure which clearomiser to get though. The Nautilus & Nautilus mini seem to go well with the istick. What's the difference? Is it just size? Or would you recommend another one over these?

ceekay74 wrote:
    After reading some of this thread & watching youtube vids, I've decided to upgrade from a standard starter pack to something a bit better. I've decided on the istick 30w.

ceekay74 wrote:
    Not sure which clearomiser to get though. The Nautilus & Nautilus mini seem to go well with the istick. What's the difference? Is it just size? Or would you recommend another one over these?

The only difference is tank capacity, 5ml and 2 ml on the mini. They use same coils,similar airflow control and in my opinion both vape the same.
    Personally I prefer the Kanger Aerotank Mega,better range of coils,better air flow control and a more flavoursome vape. Similar price also. Like everything related to vaping that's a personal opinion only.

5% off and free shipping at Gearbest,enter cigmay at checkout. Valid till June 20th.;)

ceekay74 wrote: »

I've heard nothing but good things about the eLeaf GS Air, they are ridiculously cheap like €10 each and I've bought two for my inlaws and they are working flawlessly. I'd leave the Nautilus personally and get two of these instead. You can run two different flavours or just have a back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I've heard nothing but good things about the eLeaf GS Air, they are ridiculously cheap like €10 each and I've bought two for my inlaws and they are working flawlessly. I'd leave the Nautilus personally and get two of these instead. You can run two different flavours or just have a back up.

I've not heard a bad worth about the coils either. They really impressed me.

Anyone who owns either of the Nautilus or the mini probably can't say the same.

I have a nautilus mini and of course at the time its was a great yoke, but after living with the gurgling and spitting coils I'm going to phase it out after this tankful.
    Back to my kayfuns (lite plus clones) for those liquids I don't fancy putting in the Subtank, Atlantis and genuine Kayfun V4 (I always have about 4 tanks on the go!).

Just got my istick and nautilus today ☺ so before I try it out. What watt should I set it to? It's 1.6 coil??

• Advertisement

Just got my istick and nautilus today ☺ so before I try it out. What watt should I set it to? It's 1.6 coil??

Start at 10w & push it up to 12w gradually at half a watt at a time until you feel it is right,(your sweet spot)

Start at 10w & push it up to 12w gradually at half a watt at a time until you feel it is right,(your sweet spot)

Cheers so 12w is max ?

Cheers so 12w is max ?

Not necessarily,depends on the liquid as well,just keep going up til you taste a burnt hit,that could be 20w or 30w or it could be 11w,just trial & error,if you do hit a burnt taste,drop the watts down by 3 to 5 watts at a time.

Not necessarily,depends on the liquid as well,just keep going up til you taste a burnt hit,that could be 20w or 30w or it could be 11w,just trial & error,if you do hit a burnt taste,drop the watts down by 3 to 5 watts at a time.

I got an awful burnt taste off it at 10w

I got an awful burnt taste off it at 10w

Did you let the coil soak enough in the liquid.

Did you let the coil soak enough in the liquid.

I just filled the tank and let it sit for a few mins. Was I supposed to actually put liquid in the coil itself?

I just filled the tank and let it sit for a few mins. Was I supposed to actually put liquid in the coil itself?

Not with nautilus coils,prime the coil by putting your finger over the air hole & suck up 3 or 4 times quickly but don't press the fire button

Not with nautilus coils,prime the coil by putting your finger over the air hole & suck up 3 or 4 times quickly but don't press the fire button

I got juice in my mouth when I tried that. I just put in a new coil incase the other one was faulty so il let it sit now for 15 mins and try again

I got juice in my mouth when I tried that. I just put in a new coil incase the other one was faulty so il let it sit now for 15 mins and try again

:D:D:D:D you must have took long sucks to get juice in ur mouth,3 or 4 short sucks normally works,keep that old coil,it might still be ok later,I just gave 4 nautilus's 3 quick sucks & no juice came out,sharp quick sucks,do it again now,you should see bubbles coming up the side of the glass.

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D you must have took long sucks to get juice in ur mouth,3 or 4 short sucks normally works,keep that old coil,it might still be ok later,I just gave 4 nautilus's 3 quick sucks & no juice came out,sharp quick sucks,do it again now,you should see bubbles coming up the side of the glass.

Lol ya I see the bubbles. It's working fine now BUT I'm struggling to see how it's worth 70euro tbh it tastes the exact same as the last ecig I had :(

Maybe it's the juice tho all I have is wicked

Advertisement