Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy (including discount codes) & other links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Lol ya I see the bubbles. It's working fine now BUT I'm struggling to see how it's worth 70euro tbh it tastes the exact same as the last ecig I had :(

Maybe it's the juice tho all I have is wicked

Wicked is a funny juice,there's not many of us like wicked but there is a couple,I use their Reds & Kamel & mix the two together,but they only taste nice in an iclear 16,very strange.
    I was just looking through a site in Waterford who only sold Dekang,another schit liquid,but he is selling Liqua & premium juices now,with free shipping over €12 spent.

there is 4 or 5 different airflow holes on the nautilus,I always use the biggest,air is very important when vaping,the istick will come into it's own when you are ready to lower your ohms & change the way you vape in the future,it all happened to us & will eventually happen to you.

Oh yeah,here is this link from Waterford http://www.e-shop.ie/new-liqua-e-liquids/c40613

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Trond wrote: »
    I've not heard a bad worth about the coils either. They really impressed me.

Anyone who owns either of the Nautilus or the mini probably can't say the same.

From what I can gather, apart from the price, the main difference is that the GS Air needs a small screwdriver to change the flow of air. Is that a reasonable conclusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just got my istick and nautilus today ☺ so before I try it out. What watt should I set it to? It's 1.6 coil??

Every time I replace a coil on the nautilis I give it time for the juice to get going around the coil to avoid dry burnt hits. After 20 minutes of this I start sucking the air through without firing. Be careful here not to flood the nautilis. Or you will have to dissemble to wipe the coil pin dry and the well it screws into.

Then when I'm satisfied there are no more air bubbles. I start using it at a low wattage like 7w for the first hour of usage.

Then I will crank up the wattage to get the sweet spot for me which is usually 9.5w. The wattage I use depends on the juice I use though, so thick VG will get a higher wattage due to its viscosity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

ceekay74 wrote: »
    From what I can gather, apart from the price, the main difference is that the GS Air needs a small screwdriver to change the flow of air. Is that a reasonable conclusion?

That and the GS being usually less than half the price with cheaper and allegedly nore reliable coils. I wince when I recall shelling out the asking price on the nautilus mini with cock and balls steel tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Wicked is a funny juice,there's not many of us like wicked but there is a couple,I use their Reds & Kamel & mix the two together,but they only taste nice in an iclear 16,very strange.
    I was just looking through a site in Waterford who only sold Dekang,another schit liquid,but he is selling Liqua & premium juices now,with free shipping over €12 spent.

there is 4 or 5 different airflow holes on the nautilus,I always use the biggest,air is very important when vaping,the istick will come into it's own when you are ready to lower your ohms & change the way you vape in the future,it all happened to us & will eventually happen to you.

Oh yeah,here is this link from Waterford http://www.e-shop.ie/new-liqua-e-liquids/c40613

The worst thing is I'm after ordering loads of wicked and dekang as it was dirt cheap. I must start using the premium juices. I'm also using the biggest air hole. I bought from that shop in Waterford before, in fact that's where I'm after ordering all those cheap juices from lol

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »
    Every time I replace a coil on the nautilis I give it time for the juice to get going around the coil to avoid dry burnt hits. After 20 minutes of this I start sucking the air through without firing. Be careful here not to flood the nautilis. Or you will have to dissemble to wipe the coil pin dry and the well it screws into.

Then when I'm satisfied there are no more air bubbles. I start using it at a low wattage like 7w for the first hour of usage.

Then I will crank up the wattage to get the sweet spot for me which is usually 9.5w. The wattage I use depends on the juice I use though, so thick VG will get a higher wattage due to its viscosity.

I'm using mine on 13W so far. It's thick juice but that seems like the sweet spot for me anyway :)

The worst thing is I'm after ordering loads of wicked and dekang as it was dirt cheap. I must start using the premium juices. I'm also using the biggest air hole. I bought from that shop in Waterford before, in fact that's where I'm after ordering all those cheap juices from lol

Those cheap juices are okish,as long as they work & keep you off those coffin nails.
    This is why you don't find your nautilus different from your other setup,the premium juices are 50 times better,over the next few months,build up your hardware gradually & use those cheap juices in some cheap clearo's that you may pick up.
    I can see you rebuilding your own coils sometime this year,vaping does become a hobby after awhile to many of us.

Those cheap juices are okish,as long as they work & keep you off those coffin nails.
    This is why you don't find your nautilus different from your other setup,the premium juices are 50 times better,over the next few months,build up your hardware gradually & use those cheap juices in some cheap clearo's that you may pick up.
    I can see you rebuilding your own coils sometime this year,vaping does become a hobby after awhile to many of us.

Ya I definitely am going to buy an expensive juice once these are gone. I dunno about building my own coils but il probably upgrade alrite again in the future :)

I was reading that the eleaf MELO Atomizer is the one made specifically for the istick 30w.

Is this a better choice for the 30w than the nautilus mini or the eleaf GS air? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I was reading that the eleaf MELO Atomizer is the one made specifically for the istick 30w.

Is this a better choice for the 30w than the nautilus mini or the eleaf GS air? :confused:

The Melo is still one of my favorite tanks. Cheap, with bags of flavour. Great air flow, too. Still the only tank I never burned a coil on! :D

• Advertisement

Lardy wrote: »
    The Melo is still one of my favorite tanks. Cheap, with bags of flavour. Great air flow, too. Still the only tank I never burned a coil on! :D

Is this a sub ohm thingy? I wouldn't want something that could potentially blow half my face off or burn down the house. :pac:

I know I could educate myself, but all it sounds too much like science class.

Would you get one if you weren't into doing lung hits and all that?

Is this a sub ohm thingy? I wouldn't want something that could potentially blow half my face off or burn down the house. :pac:

I know I could educate myself, but all it sounds too much like science class.

Would you get one if you weren't into doing lung hits and all that?

It is a sub-ohm tank, but you'd be in no danger of doing any damage! ha. The only thing you would need is a battery that will fire it.

If I was doing mouth to lung hits, then I probably wouldn't get a Melo. A Delta 2 or Ego One might be a better choice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

It is a sub-ohm tank, but you'd be in no danger of doing any damage! ha. The only thing you would need is a battery that will fire it.

If I was doing mouth to lung hits, then I probably wouldn't get a Melo. A Delta 2 or Ego One might be a better choice. :)

I was under the impression the original Lemo is very much designed like a Kaifun and is more aimed at mouth to lung and flavour and the Delta 2 for direct hits and clouds?

Yeah basically. There's v little between the two tanks other than the coils. Ive been lucky with my nautilus's (?) as ive only got a couple of duds over the last 14 months.

The air flow thing isn't really an issue for me with the GS Air. Once Its set in the position I want it stays that way. I recently brought it on a heavy stag in Berlin where it took some amount of abuse and preformed like a trooper.

I think its a must have for the price especially in a scenario where you don't want to risk losing an authentic Kayfun or similar

I was under the impression the original Lemo is very much designed like a Kaifun and is more aimed at mouth to lung and flavour and the Delta 2 for direct hits and clouds?

I never had the original Lemo, so I wouldn't know a whole lot about it. I did have the Lemo 2 though, and that is definitely not for a mouth to lunger... :)

I never had the original Lemo, so I wouldn't know a whole lot about it. I did have the Lemo 2 though, and that is definitely not for a mouth to lunger... :)

Yeah that's grand, id read that about it !

Got a fright there as Im to buy the original....

Actually when I think of it whats the current ESI discount code? read it here somewhere last week but cant find it today...

Took a chance on "boards" as the code and it worked....

How does the Lemo 2 compare to the Kayfun V4 for flavour? I'm thinking of putting a unopened and sealed Subtank Mini on the FB group and here uo for trade, but not sure whether I want the KF V4 or Lemo 2 or something else. Maybe Aqua or that Squape R someone recommended on here.

Actually when I think of it whats the current ESI discount code? read it here somewhere last week but cant find it today...

I was looking for this last night as I was buying a Derringer RDA. I thought the code was "boards" but that didn't work. Couldn't find another code anyplace.

How does the Lemo 2 compare to the Kayfun V4 for flavour? I'm thinking of putting a unopened and sealed Subtank Mini on the FB group and here uo for trade, but not sure whether I want the KF V4 or Lemo 2 or something else. Maybe Aqua or that Squape R someone recommended on here.

I'll trade you for an Atlantis v2? :P

The Lemo 2 was great for flavour, but I just found it too much of a pain in the ass for a tank. You have to get the filling exactly right, or it will leak all over the place. Also, if the build isn't perfect, it tastes like crap. :D

From what Ive read the Aqua and Squape R would be all better for flavour the the Lemo 2. The original Lemo is meant to great for flavour as well....Kayfuns are always excellent flavour wise.

I'm not fully convinced about the quality of the Squape clones though, might be something to bear in mind....its a complicated tank to say the least!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I have lemo, lemo drop and lemo2 and they each serve their purpose really

Thanks lads. I heard that about the Lemo Lardy, sure Allen vaped one on for being too irritating and he's a fairly seasoned builder. I have the same concerns about the KF V4 clone Trond! More pieces than the kids Lego sets and I find them pretty damn irritating at the best of times. Can't even vape off them! The Lego that is, not the kids.

Thanks lads. I heard that about the Lemo Lardy, sure Allen vaped one on for being too irritating and he's a fairly seasoned builder. I have the same concerns about the KF V4 clone Trond! More pieces than the kids Lego sets and I find them pretty damn irritating at the best of times. Can't even vape off them! The Lego that is, not the kids.

I ordered the original Lemo this morning anyway so I'll compare it first hand to the various Kayfuns I have on the go.

I'll probably just do my standard build on it (0.9ohms) and see how I get on.

Quick query. I have 2 small bottles of juice which I am using, they are in a dark press with the covers off. Now I got 5 more in the post today .

Should I have the covers off of them aswel even tho I won't be using them for a while. I suppose the question is do they really need to be steeped

Quick query. I have 2 small bottles of juice which I am using, they are in a dark press with the covers off. Now I got 5 more in the post today .

Should I have the covers off of them aswel even tho I won't be using them for a while. I suppose the question is do they really need to be steeped

Wicked & Dekang don't need breathing or steeping.

Only time I'd take the caps off for steeping is if I've used Vodka to thin the juice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Anyone know is it possible to buy a ready made juice ratio in the form of mostly Vegetable glycerin? I`ve been getting some side effects of the propylene glycol based e-liquids like dry skin and cold sores around my nose. Looking for a juice that would ration 70-80% VG and 20-30% PG.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

subscriber wrote: »
    Anyone know is it possible to buy a ready made juice ratio in the form of mostly Vegetable glycerin? I`ve been getting some side effects of the propylene glycol based e-liquids like dry skin and cold sores around my nose. Looking for a juice that would ration 70-80% VG and 20-30% PG.

Thanks

Yeah there's loads of mostly VG liquids. Check out e-smokeireland.eu and vaporium.eu ... most of the liquids brands will have the PG/VG ratio listed on the page.

Some examples: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1860.htm
    http://www.vaporium.eu/85-epiclouds-by-namber-juice

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Just browsing fasttech, they have an authentic istick 50w for €34, 30w for €24, and cloupor mini 30w for €30 (€25 on gearbest). Would there be any issues with the 50w now, or would I be better off going for any of the other items above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Well because of you I now have my 2nd istick 50 on the way in the post lol
    Not really blaming you though as I wanted one I could keep at work anyway

Advertisement