Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy (including discount codes) & other links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

lasgodfrey wrote: »
    *mod - advertisement removed

Very good first post, doesn't look like promoting your own business at all :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Guys just report it don't bleedin' quote it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dejavu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Another Irish website that's worth a recommendation is irishvape.com

very speedy delivery which is free when you spend over €45, nice selection of gear on the website as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Trond wrote: »
    Another Irish website that's worth a recommendation is irishvape.com

very speedy delivery which is free when you spend over €45, nice selection of gear on the website as well.

Discount code is "irishvape.com10"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

I just got my subtank mini in the post an hour ago and have been experimenting with it.... I have been using it with the 1.2ohm coil on the smallest airhole but I still find the draw or hit on the lungs insanely harsh / intense whilst vaping on 12 watts which is apparently the minimum watts this coil can be vaped on...

Now...stupidity I first tested it with a brand new liquid I've never used before instead of using my traditional liquid for comparison purposes so I can't be absolutely sure it's the Subtank as opposed to the liquid that is causing this intense lung hit feeling but am wondering is it possible to use the 1.2ohm coil on watts lower than 12 watts to reduce the lung hit or will that break the coil??

You should defo be able to use it at 9-10 watts anyway, what pg/vi is the liquid ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

I also found the stock coils with the subtank to give a very harsh hit, have you wet the coil well and let stand before vaping?
    My first enjoyable vape was off a 1.2 coil I built in the rba,a much milder vape at about 15w,I never use stock coils now, only the rba in the subtanks and deltas.

I haven't tried the 1.2 only the 0.5, used in the subtank plus for 2 weeks and it was fine, just primed the one that came with the subox kit in the mini and it's going fine at 30 watts

The liquid is a 60% VG 40 PG... I can't get over how hot and harsh the vape and throat hit is in comparison with using a standard clearomizer...

I did prime the coil yes and let it stand 45 seconds before trying the first vape...

I'm very disappointed with the performance of the device on first impressions....

I was definitely expecting a more cooler, condensed, smoother vape..

If the vape is that harsh and intense off a 12 watt vape with the 1.2 ohm coil...it is truly beyond me how people vape at 25 watts with a 0.5 ohm coil... I think that would literally blow my lungs to pieces with one single vape...

Unfortunately I know nothing about the RBA's...

• Advertisement

Whats your juice and nic level, its a big jump from a standard clearo to a sub ohm tank and it can take time to adjust to that difference,also,mouth to lung inhale can be harsh on the smallest air flow, try the middle setting and see if that helps.
    Stick with it as its one of the best and most versatile tanks available, soon you'll find yourself building coils and blowing clouds at 30 w

subscriber wrote: »
    The liquid is a 60% VG 40 PG... I can't get over how hot and harsh the vape and throat hit is in comparison with using a standard clearomizer...

I did prime the coil yes and let it stand 45 seconds before trying the first vape...

I'm very disappointed with the performance of the device on first impressions....

I was definitely expecting a more cooler, condensed, smoother vape..

If the vape is that harsh and intense off a 12 watt vape with the 1.2 ohm coil...it is truly beyond me how people vape at 25 watts with a 0.5 ohm coil... I think that would literally blow my lungs to pieces with one single vape...

Unfortunately I know nothing about the RBA's...

It all depends on the juice you use,some can be harsh,I don't like the 1.2 coil,I am using Moms n Pops shredded hawaiin 18mg & it is very harsh,you need 3 or 6mg juice with the .5 coil & vape it at 30w,if you prefer mouth to lung,use 6mg,& put the afc to the smallest hole & close that hole by half or more & you should get a nice tight draw.I just tried it.

Dr Bill wrote: »
    Whats your juice and nic level, its a big jump from a standard clearo to a sub ohm tank and it can take time to adjust to that difference,also,mouth to lung inhale can be harsh on the smallest air flow, try the middle setting and see if that helps.
    Stick with it as its one of the best and most versatile tanks available, soon you'll find yourself building coils and blowing clouds at 30 w

It's a 12mg juice called controversa vaporean...I wouldn't exactly say it's the flavour I don't like as I'd say if i put it into my bog standard clearomizer, It wouldn't bother me too much...I emptied out what bit of this juice i had in the Subtank just now and refilled with the juice I've been using for the past few weeks to see if I could gauge a comparison but because the cotten in the coil got saturated in the new liquid, it still tastes of that rather than my usual liquid...
    I'm still experiencing a very intense hot throat hit with it also.

I'm not sure what the difference is between a direct lung inhale and a mouth to lung is but I'm guessing it is as it says on the tin...mouth to lung meaning drawing the vapour into the mouth and then inhaling like you would a real cigerette?

There's something a miss here folks...I just took a vape hit on the middle airflow setting on 15 watts with the 1.2ohm coil and the Subtank got extremely hot, smoke started ejecting out all sides of the device including the airhole setting at the bottom, and there was several loud popping noises came from it...I literally thought for a second it was going to explode in my face...

This just doesn't seem right to me...

I also may be wrong here but I thought the Subtank mini had a "fully closed" option on the airflow setting...this Subtank does not seem to have this option... It only seems to have a fully opened, middle hole, and small hole setting... I could be wrong about this individual point though??

What device are you using it on ?
    I'm thinking a very dud coil or a device delivering way more power that it say it does

JH_raheny wrote: »
    What device are you using it on ?
    I'm thinking a very dud coil or a device delivering way more power that it say it does

Using it with an iStick 30 watt JH...

Put some of the "new" liquid in my standard clearomizer there and had a vape and it tasted great so can't blame yhe liquid for this issue anyway...

I think dud coil then and it might have been extra murdered by keeping trying, if you don't have another one I can send you one of the 1.2 ones I have and you can see if it makes a difference

I think dud coil then and it might have been extra murdered by keeping trying, if you don't have another one I can send you one of the 1.2 ones I have and you can see if it makes a difference

Thankfully I did actually have a spare 1.2 ohm.. I bought a spare with the device so I changed it out there from the original 1.2 that came in the Subtank box... to be fair it did make a bit of difference but it still seems to be vaping hot and is pretty intense on the lungs ...I'm still confused about this airhole system as it says in the Subtank manual that there are four setting but clearly there is only three settings on this tank..

I only have 3 settings too but the biggest you can sort of adjust how open you want it

Unless 4th setting is supposed to be the middle one plus a bit of the wide open to sort of double the middle one

• Advertisement

I only have 3 settings too but the biggest you can sort of adjust how open you want it

Gotcha!!! Kind of strange how the manual advertises "four airflow settings" though... Is there any attachments on the market to make the top of the Subtank smaller?..as in the part u wrapr ur mouth around to take a draw...as its very wide i find which could be contributing to the harsh vape

Just realised here that the occ coils I got with my subtank plus is the 0.5& 1.2 horizontal and with the subox kit today are 0.5&1.5 vertical coils with bigger wicking holes/channels, your ones must be the 1st version which needs more priming and wicks a bit slower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I love the subtank, but most can't use it with the stock coils. A 0.5ohm coil on the rba is nowhere near as harsh as the stock coils.

I just can't do the stock coils. I'd rather go back to my aerotank than use them.

I love the subtank, but most can't use it with the stock coils. A 0.5ohm coil on the rba is nowhere near as harsh as the stock coils.

I just can't do the stock coils. I'd rather go back to my aerotank than use them.

Is it a complicated difficult process to rebuild an RBA? How do you get it to operate at a certain watt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Is it a complicated difficult process to rebuild an RBA?;

Not really. Search for 'kayfun build' on Youtube to see.
    How do you get it to operate at a certain watt?

most batteries have up and down buttons. You would choose a setting based on what ohms the coil you build reads at. Many batteries will tell you what ohms your coil is once built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is it a complicated difficult process to rebuild an RBA? How do you get it to operate at a certain watt?

They vary from fiddly awkward little feckers, to a piece of the proverbial urine.

The sub tank is probably the easiest of the lot

Anyone know if there is a code for this Vendor,with 10% off,I'd buy another without the tank.

http://e-cigaretteshop.eu/en/mods/669-evic-vt-60w-5000-mah.html#/colour-cool_black

Anyone know if there is a code for this Vendor,with 10% off,I'd buy another without the tank.

http://e-cigaretteshop.eu/en/mods/669-evic-vt-60w-5000-mah.html#/colour-cool_black

Got a few bits there,very good service but never could get a discount code for them.:(

Got a few bits there,very good service but never could get a discount code for them.:(

I have bought from them before as well,that little 10% off just gives me a buzz,as though I'm not getting ripped off,I'm getting something if you know what I mean:D:D:D

I emailed them for a code,whether I'll get one or not,I asked them a couple of years ago as well for a code but it was a no go.

• Advertisement

:D:D:D they sent me a code...ELIQUIDZINE for 5% off.It might break the Bank:D

Advertisement