Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open - Selections & In-Play Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

charlieIRL wrote: »
    or go up if he hangs around!!

Shame to see so many "from this island" missing the cut.

It kind of seems like they couldn't be bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭sausagehead

thehunter wrote: »
    I wonder are they travelling together?;)
    Rory now also outside the cut.
    if he misses out as well id say the crowds will be way down at weekend

rory who?:D

seriously theres two irishmen up the leaderboard that can do with some support!
    paul cutler played great today, his approach shot on 18 has to be shot of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

GMAC 3 under (4 under for the day) thru 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

did rory get a bit of an incentive to turn up im sure he will be on first flight to firestone tonight with clarke if he misses cut

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Opics

Anyone have attendance figures for yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

jjll wrote: »
    did rory get a bit of an incentive to turn up im sure he will be on first flight to firestone tonight with clarke if he misses cut

Id be surprised, and if he did look for one it would be bad form especially in your national open

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thank God I have Sky Sports. The commentator with Shane O' Donoghue on RTE has a horrible voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Opics wrote: »
    Anyone have attendance figures for yesterday?

Something like 19,000.

Rory cant get a putt today. Great stuff from Moriarty from under the tree there.

Something like 19,000.

Rory cant get a putt today. Great stuff from Moriarty from under the tree there.

att anounced as 25'000 for thursday exactly how much is discover ireland putting into tourny prize fund cos the attendences will cover the prize money easily and rte have had to pay for tv rights so another 250 grand on top of that

even pro golfers have a mare lee janzen playeing 6 off tee in america has left himself 289 to flag now

• Advertisement

even pro golfers have a mare lee janzen playeing 6 off tee in america has left himself 289 to flag now

How is playing a 6th shot from the tee even possible? :confused: I can only imagine hitting 1st shot, 3rd shot, 5th shot etc is possible....unless he got a 1 shot penalty for slow play or somethin else....I don't know I'm not watching it :P

If Moriarty was to keep up his good play here and lets say gets a top 5 finish, is his caddy (17 year old local caddy) entitled to the same % of the prize money as J.P Fitzgerald would be? or would they have there own contract drawn up

Opics wrote: »
    How is playing a 6th shot from the tee even possible? :confused: I can only imagine hitting 1st shot, 3rd shot, 5th shot etc is possible....unless he got a 1 shot penalty for slow play or somethin else....I don't know I'm not watching it :P

hit 1st shot in water straight in then playing 3 hit it in again sorry played 5 from tee he made 9 eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

What happened to Barrie Trainor? I just seen he has been disqualified? How come?

McIlroy is starting his charge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Is Rory not 2 under alongside GMac or is the European tour app playing silly buggers again?.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Is Rory not 2 under alongside GMac or is the European tour app playing silly buggers again?.

3 under. 2 birdies in a row and onto the par 5 now

If Moriarty was to keep up his good play here and lets say gets a top 5 finish, is his caddy (17 year old local caddy) entitled to the same % of the prize money as J.P Fitzgerald would be? or would they have there own contract drawn up

i would imagine he would have agreed to things before tournament but i would say that if he finishes top 5 he will be looked after

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Projected cut now level par, so looks like McGinley and David Higgins in for the weekend

rory now -4 still not a hope of wining though at least crowds wil be decent

• Advertisement

only place in world you woul see a police man standing beside the scorer in full camera view classic

?, why do u say this?. He is more than capable of winning from only 5 back no?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

5 shots behind with over 36 holes left, yeah no chance :rolleyes:

5 shots behind with over 36 holes left, yeah no chance :rolleyes:

yes no chance in hell he would have to shoot 2 low rounds which he wont be able to on this course and need singh and others to have a mare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Presume its a wind up saying he doesn'thave a chance?

Just look what he did at Quail Hollow and you will see what he is capable of.

AGC wrote: »
    Presume its a wind up saying he doesn'thave a chance?

Just look what he did at Quail Hollow and you will see what he is capable of.

Looks like it but who can tell after this one :D
    it is a terrible field if rory and gmac didnt turn up then i could see it not being played next year

Cut back to -1 with 4 Irish lads on par.

John Kelly and Mark Murphy still have it in their own hands though.

Players have won from 7+ back with 18 to play. I don't see how winning from 5 back with 36 to play is impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 thehunter

one for the women on a friday attached

• Advertisement

thehunter wrote: »
    one for the women on a friday attached

If there are any women in here, raise your hand!.

Can't imagine there will be many if any at all?.

Advertisement