Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open - Selections & In-Play Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Opics wrote: »
    Players have won from 7+ back with 18 to play. I don't see how winning from 5 back with 36 to play is impossible.

not on this course have they look at previous records think with head not your pocket laid him all day yesterday and today.... there is a possibility it not being played next year as no sponsor already been annouced that already people

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Opics

jjll wrote: »
    not on this course have they look at previous records think with head not your pocket laid him all day yesterday and today.... there is a possibility it not being played next year as no sponsor already been annouced that already people

Any chance of some grammar and punctuation? Sorry, but your posts are a bit difficult to read :(

Anyway, anyone that makes the cut still has a chance. Fisher shot 61 last year, and although it's playing a bit more difficult this year, a low score like that is still possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

jjll wrote: »

So you're saying the guy who won the US Open by 8 shots can't make up a deficit of 5 shots over 2 rounds on a course where 66s were routinely shot today :confused:

I'd love to see McGrane or Lawrie win it, it would be a real career highlight for those lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

John Kelly having a cracking day (-4 for 16 holes)
    -2 overall which looks one inside the cut.
    Be great to see him make the cut, he usually struggles against the big boys but wouldn't it be great for him to be there for the weekend when some much bigger names have gone home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

so Marcel Siem holds the lead after 36 holes on 10 under. He has been in these positions before and dropped back badly.

Its a pretty good leaderboard regardless of the two lads missing the cut. Set up for Rory to shoot 64 64 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

bailey99 wrote: »
    Marcel Siem 175/1
    Rhys Davies 75/1

come on man!!! A bit of positivity about the man. He played well last year and its on form again this year!!!

The tournament is still wide open tho!!!

Love it if Siem won it tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Trampas

"It's disappointing, but it's only a game," stated Harrington.

"There's no doubt that changes are required - for the sake of it rather than anything else.

"I'm doing everything I would have done when I was winning majors, it's just something fresh is needed. You need a bit of spark somewhere.

"Even on my worst days I'm not too bad. It's not like I'm shooting 77-78 sort of thing, but momentum is an important thing and I don't have it at the moment.

"I'm not thinking of changing personnel. I've got to change something in myself, attitude or something along the lines of that.

"I'm not taking time off - I like playing golf."

So more changes coming but none to personnel.

If you asked him how he was swinging it back when he won the majors he probably has no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

some odds on cutler being top paddy after two rounds.

expect G and Wee to mount a charge today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Serious amounts of trollage round here these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

What is it with Rory and double bogeys? I've never known a top player to make as many as he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭kingshankly

BackScrub wrote: »
    What is it with Rory and double bogeys? I've never known a top player to make as many as he does.
    immaturity I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

BackScrub wrote: »

Try Harrington

so the 2 big boys didnt make any charge today. Very surprised with that.
    It wasnt as if they didnt have enough birdies between them to have a good score.

Nice to see David Howell back in the mix. Really liked watching him back when he was in top form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

meet david howell a few years ago in Adare Manor. An absolute gent of a man. Would be delighted to see him win tomorrow must admit!

Fantastic finish by Paul Cutler today to shoot level par. Eagle on 16 and a super birdie on 18.

Dyson joins Howell at the top now.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Just home from Killarney now. Caught up with Howell on a few holes today and every shot I saw him hit was sweet as a nut. Lovely low, boaring ballflight, very controlled. Enjoyed watching him more than Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Just a question:
    im heading down tomorrow,and obviously the weather is sh*t.
    Wat was the pathways etc like?shall i be needed golf shoes or wellies :o)

Sean

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Just a question:
    im heading down tomorrow,and obviously the weather is sh*t.
    Wat was the pathways etc like?shall i be needed golf shoes or wellies :o)

Sean
    There are paths for walking on between some holes but bring with your wet gear and golf shoes and an umbrella :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

was thinking of going too .weather really that bad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Opics

chipsdave wrote: »
    was thinking of going too .weather really that bad ?

It rained for like half an hour today but the ground is still firm underfoot. More rain expected tomorrow though.

• Advertisement

thks Stephen Gallacher could be the man @12-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I've got Dyson @27/1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I've got Dyson @27/1 :)

E/W ? , well done, wanted to get on him but bookies was closed . :(. Good British Open. they were very poor odds for the field Mcilroy was 5/1 ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Hi

First ever visit to a Golf Tournament tomorrow. Just a couple of questions:

What time should we arrive in Killarney?
    Should you stay at one hole, green or tee, or follow a group?
    Is it hard to get to see the big players like Mcilroy or McDowell?
    Is there reasonable food available?
    Is there anything other than the Golf to see (the Mrs may get bored....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

E/W ? , well done, wanted to get on him but bookies was closed . :(. Good British Open. they were very poor odds for the field Mcilroy was 5/1 ?????

Straight win @27/1. Laid off a bit of it @ 7/2 so will be covered either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

BrianJD wrote: »
    Hi

First ever visit to a Golf Tournament tomorrow. Just a couple of questions:

What time should we arrive in Killarney?
    Should you stay at one hole, green or tee, or follow a group?
    Is it hard to get to see the big players like Mcilroy or McDowell?
    Is there reasonable food available?
    Is there anything other than the Golf to see (the Mrs may get bored....)

If you're parking in the free public car park give yourself an extra 15 minutes for the walk to the course. First group is out at 7:15. Rory and Gmac are out at 10:07 and 10:16 respectively, if that's who you want to see. Tee times are all on the european tour website.

What we did today was stay at the 3rd hole for a few groups including Rory and Gmac's groups, then skip on a few holes and get a decent spot to see them again. If you want to follow them the whole way round the course it'll be tough to see a whole lot at times. If you wanted to follow anyone else though it shouldn't be a problem bar the last group maybe.

There's a few food places in the tented Village. Pricey though. We paid 8 euro for a box of chips and a few bits of chicken. And it wasn't great either. There's another place called the Bistro though which we didn't try but I'd say the food is a bit better. I'd bring food if I was doing it again!

There's not a massive amount else to do that isn't golf related really. Few good golf shops, Kartel store and Killarney golf store. There's an interactive golf thing, think it has a virtual shot tracker or something along those lines. Few little things like putting games for charity and all that. Anyway, wear golf shoes or somethin' else waterproof and rain jackets etc. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Lookalike lafeber is going to do a two hour twenty round

durkadurka wrote: »

just spotted that ! tee time 715 on his own ,and score posted at 9.40 when I looked ,and he wasnt messing either with a +2 score eagle included !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

durkadurka wrote: »

Didn't some high profile americian get fined for doing something similiar a few years ago on the PGA tour.
    Hit, run, hit, run, etc...........

Fined for not playing in the "spirit" of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭timmaii

It might have been discussed before but I can't watch the golf online on RTE's website. Where's the best place to watch it (I want to look at the GAA on the TV!).

Advertisement