Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really odd computer problem

Options
  • 26-07-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Hey guys not sure if its ok to post whats basically tech support here but ill give it ago.

Iv been having a problem with one of my pc's in so far as it will not load or install windows vista.
    At first i thought fine its likely a corrupted install so i tryed to re-install, The pc will try to load windows files from the disk but then will either just stall or restart itself after a while and go threw the whole process again...So i decided to change the hard drive same thing happens i changed the dvd player same thing happens then i tryed a new motherboard and alternating the ram takeing one out trying to load up windows then trying the other stick still wouldn't load or boot windows :( i tryed windows 7 as well but the pc refuses to install either O/S i cant figure out what could be causing this.

Pc posts fine and can get into its bios it recognizes all the installed hardware but it just will not install a operateing system or load its previous one anyone have a idea?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Check your bios settings for your SATA ports. You should be able to change them (I can't remember the exact settings off the top of my head).

Are you installing 64 bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

7 would be 64 but the vista install is only 32bit ill have alook at the bios settings alittle closer but tbh im not entirely sure what to fix in there or look for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

bizmark wrote: »
    7 would be 64 but the vista install is only 32bit ill have alook at the bios settings alittle closer but tbh im not entirely sure what to fix in there or look for

Vista has a 64 bit version

Hell even XP does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya but i have the 32bit version of vista and xp for that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

bizmark wrote: »
    Ya but i have the 32bit version of vista and xp for that matter

Try a non windows OS, download a linux live CD and see if it boots and installs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement